AMMS Lions Roar
"Recognize the Roar"
Monday, November 9, 2020
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Dr. Mimi Gamel, 7th Grade Assistant Principal
Ms. Laurie Chans, 6th Grade Assistant Principal
Thank You to Our Veterans For Your Service to Our Country
Grading Practices - Effective November 2nd
The District approved the following items will go into effect for any assignment given on or after November 2, 2020.
• Students will be eligible for ONE redo/retake who achieve a score of 89 or less.
• Students will be eligible to earn a replacement grade on a redo/retake with a score no more than 89.
• Student redo/retakes must be completed 10 school days prior to the end of the semester.
• Quizzes are to be considered summative assessments and can be given and counted.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID
FCS is asking parents/guardians of FCS students to submit a COVID-19 Report ONLY if your child meets any of the criteria below.
- Has tested Positive for COVID-19
- Waiting for the results of a test for COVID-19
- Has been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes) in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with COVID-19
Directions: Reporting Portal Link
Please DO NOT send your student to school or school sponsored events when he/she is ill and has any of the above COVID-19 concerns until you have spoken with your healthcare provider, one of the FCS Student Health Services School Nurses, or a public health official.
Tryouts for Academic Bowl will be on Tuesday, November 17th at 8:00 a.m. If your student makes the team, practices will be every Wednesday at 8:00 a.m., starting on Wednesday, November 18th. Please join the Academic Bowl Microsoft Team for more information or email Ashley Doherty (email@example.com).
Academic Bowl Microsoft Team Join Code: 4wraajz
Thanksgiving Break Check-Out Procedures
- In an effort to avoid interrupting instructional time on the intercom, students MUST have a note designating the time that they should meet you in the front office.
- Notes should be brought to the front office in the morning for authorization. The signed note will allow your child to leave class at the designated time and meet you in the front office.
- Students without notes will not be called out of class until the parent arrives.
- Transportation changes must be made prior to 3:00 p.m.
- NO check-outs without a note after 3:30 p.m.
Riding on Another Student's Bus - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
In the past, parents have been able to send a request to their school asking for their child to ride a bus home with another student for childcare purposes.
Due to COVID-19 and our efforts to manage bus ridership, assigned seating, and support case investigations, buses can only serve the students that are assigned to the bus.
Yearbooks On Sale NOW!
Yearbooks are on sale now! This will be an unforgettable book for an unforgettable year so purchase one now at the lowest price of the year. Click here to purchase one now!
Parents of 8th Graders-celebrate your middle school grad with a Recognition Ad. Space is limited so click here to purchase your ad!
All families-please be on the lookout in future correspondence for a chance to submit photos that may be used in this year’s book.
AMMS Sports Information
7th and 8th graders ONLY, who have not failed more than one class the previous semester, including connections, may participate in the Tumbling Exhibition. Students interested must join the Tumbling Team Microsoft Teams by using the link: AMMS Tumbling Team
ALL paperwork must be completed correctly and submitted to Coach Larson digitally via Microsoft Teams ONLY by 4:05 p.m. on MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16th. Do not wait until the last minute to turn in ALL forms – if a signature(s) and forms are missing the student will be ineligible to participate. All player participation paperwork, including physical, must be up to date for each athlete. These can all be found on the Fulton Schools public site under Departments on the Athletics page at https://www.fultonschools.org/Page/612
Practices will be in the mornings and determined depending on the availability of those interested. Your student must be able to participate in practices and in the Exhibition at Ridgeview Charter Middle School on Friday, December 4th at 10:00 a.m. Participants will ride a bus to Ridgeview that leaves after homeroom and ride a bus back to Autrey Mill. Students will return around lunch time. Your student is responsible for communicating with their teachers making up any work or assessments that they may miss.
Email Coach Larson with any question – firstname.lastname@example.org