The future of technology
Some of the technology that could be used in many areas of the future
Facts, Fiction and the future of nanotechnology
Here are some for you to see:
- rust and fire retardants
- stain resistant clothing
- hygienic food packaging
- Nanomites like in G.I.Joe
- Space elevator
- drugs tailored to individual needs
- microscopic robots
- intelligent clothing.
Myths and dangers
- The scenario sees swarms of self-replicating robots, smaller than viruses, multiplying uncontrollably and devouring Earth.
- Inhaled nanoparticles found in the bloodstream which have dispersed throughout the brain is a concern, he says. Whether this poses a health risk is not known.
- If medical sensors become found everywhere, our physical state could be monitored 24 hours a day, and if someone hacked into that data, there could be concerns.
- Nanotechnology can actually revolutionize a lot of electronic products, procedures, and applications. The areas that benefit from the continued development of nanotechnology when it comes to electronic products include nano transistors, nano diodes, OLED, plasma displays, quantum computers, and many more.
- Nanotechnology can also benefit the energy sector. The development of more effective energy-producing, energy-absorbing, and energy storage products in smaller and more efficient devices is possible with this technology. Such items like batteries, fuel cells, and solar cells can be built smaller but can be made to be more effective with this technology.
- Another industry that can benefit from nanotechnology is the manufacturing sector that will need materials like nanotubes, aerogels, nano particles, and other similar items to produce their products with. These materials are often stronger, more durable, and lighter than those that are not produced with the help of nanotechnology.