Chapel of the Cross Faith & Family
Family Bible time for the week of November 15-21
Welcome to Chapel's Faith & Family!
Isaac and Rebekah
Who do you love?
When Isaac was grown, Abraham sent his faithful servant to his homeland to find a wife for Isaac. Abraham did not want Isaac to marry a woman from the unbelieving Canaanite people living around them. Abraham was committed to finding a good wife for Isaac, even if it meant that the servant would have to travel hundreds of miles to Abraham's homeland. Abraham’s servant asked for God’s guidance, and God led him right to Rebekah, who happened to be part of Abraham’s extended family. This family recognized God’s hand in the whole situation, and Rebekah trustingly left her homeland to become Isaac’s wife.
Dear heavenly Father, thank You for bringing us together to study Your Word. Help us to learn of the many ways You bless us. Thank You for Your love for us and for the blessings of people to love. In Your name we pray. Amen.
Bible Lesson: Isaac and Rebekah
- Open your family Bible or a Children's Bible storybook and read this account together OR
- Read this account using an online Bible (Biblegateway.com) Genesis 24:1–4, 10–28, 50–67 OR
- Listen to the Bible account being read using the video below.
Talk about it
- How did Abraham’s servant know who to choose as a wife for Isaac?
- How did God bless Isaac and Rebekah? How did God bless others through Isaac and Rebekah's love for each other?
- Who are the people in your life that God has blessed you with?
- How can you show God's love to others?
Abraham’s servant prayed to God to guide him to the right wife for Isaac. God led Abraham's servant right to Rebekah.
Isaac and Rebekah were blessed with a loving marriage and, eventually, children. God's promise to send a Savior continued through the family of Isaac. Many, many years later, Jesus would be born from this family!
Think about the people who love and care for you. God has given people for you to love too!
Beloved, let us love one another. 1 John 4:7
Download a page of activities and crafts.
Download a coloring page.
The Lord's Prayer
Dear Lord, thank You for the gift of Christian family and friends. Thank You for the blessing that they are to us and that we are to them. We especially thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to love us more than anyone. Help us, Lord, to love one another. In Your name we pray. Amen.
Comments are recorded anonymously, and will not be seen by the public.
Bible Lesson: Concordia Publishing House
Chapel of the Cross--Lutheran
Our Core Values:
- Empowered by the cross of Christ
- People working together
- Opening the Word to all people
- Showing the love of Jesus
- Warm and supportive environment