Wednesday Weekly 1.12.2022
Rio Vista Elementary School
We've had a wonderful first few days of school in 2022! The students and staff at Rio Vista have really enjoyed being back together on campus after the winter break. The recent rise of COVID cases in Riverside County has caused COVID to be on all of our minds again. For that reason, here are some important reminders/information for you:
- To make it easier to report a positive COVID case in your household, we have created this form: https://bit.ly/RVcovidreport It's still ok to call the school/send a Class Dojo message too. Both student positive cases and positive cases for individuals living in your home should be reported to prevent the spread at school between students.
- Remember, the best way to prevent COVID from spreading at school is to keep students home if they are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID. For those that test positive or are exposed, we are still required to implement a 10 day isolation period before returning to school. If and when these requirements change, we will share them with our school community.
- We continue to have free testing available at our school daily for students and family members of students. Please call to make an appointment before heading to school for testing. We're told that we will receive more at-home tests soon. As soon as those are received, we will send them home with our students.
- Vaccination remains one of the most important tools in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and severe illness that could be associated with contracting the virus. Under current guidance, vaccinated students are not excluded when they are exposed to a positive case at school unless they are exhibiting symptoms.Vaccine information can be found by clicking here.
- As always, COVID cases can be tracked on our PSUSD COVID Dashboard. Data for Rio Vista has been updated as of 5pm today: https://www.psusd.us/Page/7431
If we all work together, we can keep our students and staff healthy and safe!
Mr. T, Principal
Cell/text: (760) 537-0889
message me on www.classdojo.com
ELAC Meeting (English Language Advisory Committee)
We are having an ELAC meeting on Wednesday, 1/19 @ 6pm online
Join us on Wednesday, 1/19 at 6pm for our ELAC meeting to get involved and help Rio Vista support our English learners and families!
Link to join the meeting:
Meeting ID: 840 4795 2375
Phone in #: 1 669 900 9128
Click to view the ELAC agenda on our ELAC webpage (the agenda is posted 72 hours before the meeting)
Cathedral City wants your input!
Where do you walk or bike most in Cathedral City? What could the City do to encourage you to walk or bike more, or make you feel more comfortable when doing so?
Please fill this short survey and let us know about areas in your community where improvements are most needed.
More information about this project can be found here: http://www.discovercathedralcity.com/atp/