A Message from Ms. Cimino
We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and Happy New Year. We are looking forward to a wonderful 2018!
Thank you so much to all who helped to support our Giving Tree this December. Through your generosity we were able to provide gifts for all of the children on our giving tree for the holidays. This Potter tradition helps to brighten the season for so many!
As the possibility of inclement weather approaches it is important to make sure that your contact information in the Parent Portal is updated. All School Closings will be sent out via automated phone call (and text message if selected) using the number(s) provided in the Parent Portal. All closings and/or delays will also be posted on our district website at www.btboe.org and our Facebook page.
Additionally, please make sure that your child is sent to school with the appropriate cold weather gear such as a jacket, hat, gloves, etc. Students will go outside for recess if temperatures permit. If you are in need of any of these items, please contact Mrs. Melanson or Mrs. Olsen.
Have a wonderful start to the year!
Kindergarten Holiday Show
On December 19 our kindergarten students treated their families to an amazing holiday show!
This fall student council decorated and hid several Potter Rocks around the campus. Congratulations to those students pictured who found the rocks and earned prizes! There will be another round of fun coming soon.
Preschool Holiday Show
On December 20 our preschool students put on a wonderful holiday performance for their families!
Kindergarten Holiday Show
Beyond Bandaids with Mrs. Olsen
The school health office is required by law to perform screenings throughout the year. New Jersey Administrative Code 6A:16, Programs to Support Student Development states the following:
Each district board of education shall ensure that students receive health screenings:
1. Screening for height, weight and blood pressure shall be conducted annually for each student in kindergarten through grade 12.
2. Screening for visual acuity shall be conducted biennially for students in kindergarten through grade 10.
3. Screening for auditory acuity shall be conducted annually for students in kindergarten through grade three and in grades seven and 11 pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:40-4
4. Screening for scoliosis shall be conducted biennially for students between the ages of 10 and 18 pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:40-4.3.
5. Screenings shall be conducted by a school physician, school nurse, or other school personnel properly trained.
6. The school district shall notify the parent of any student suspected of deviation from the recommended standard.
Please be aware that screenings are ongoing throughout the year. If you would like to discuss your child's screening results or if you have any questions please call the school nurse.
Schoolhouse Homework Help
Schoolhouse is a homework and academic skills program that is funded by the Berkeley Township School District.
Schoolhouse runs Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00-5:30 PM at
235 Magnolia Ave. South Toms River.
January Dates: 4, 8, 9, 11, 16, 18, 22, 23, 25, 29, and 30
January 11: Principal's Pawsome Lunch
January 12: Spirit Day, Wear Potter Spirit Wear!
January 13: Progress Reports on Parent Portal
January 15: School Closed, Teacher Inservice
January 18: 3rd and 4th Grade Book Club, 6:30pm @ Berkeley Library
January 19: PTA Escape the Room (Sign up form to follow)
January 26: Spirit Day, Matchy Matchy Day match one or more of your friends!
January 30: Chorus Winter Concert, 6:30pm