Manton Elementary Newsletter
January 8, 2021 Vol. 17
Important dates to remember:
- Monday, January 18 PTO meeting 6:30 PM in the elementary library
- Monday, January 18 1:00-2:00 Interventions resume
News for You:
- Interventions: The 1:00-2:00 interventions will resume on Monday, January 18th. If your student was participating in the interventions before the shut-down, then they will continue on the 18th. New groups will be formed in early February.
- Please remember to send in a water bottle and face mask for your student.
- If you have an updated phone number and/or address please be sure to contact the office to have this updated in our system.
- PTO: The PTO (parent-teacher organization) is looking for new parent recruits who want to be a part of a great group to enhance the school experience for all students! The next meeting is on Monday, January 18, at 6:30 PM. Come to the doors on Maple Street to be screened in.
- Please note the following Internet Access points for Manton Students: (Student devices will automatically connect to the wireless network except Bloomfield Township) Manton School Parking lot, Rollins Church, Caldwell Township, Bloomfield Township using the following code: bYid3fi6 , Liberty Township, Greenwood Township, Cedar Creek Township.
- Parents dropping off their children on Maple Street. Please do not allow your child to exit on the traffic side. This is a safety precaution, and we appreciate your assistance.
- Parents are not allowed in the building this year. If you have a pre-arranged meeting, then you will need to wear a face mask and be screened in.
- Please wash your child's face mask each day before wearing it again at school.
- Parents, continue to drive forward in the drop-off lane, and please do not leave the vehicle. It has been a great start to the school year, and we want to keep it that way. Thanks!
- I am Smart
- I am Loved
- I am Confident
- I am a Good Friend
- I Care about Others
Manton Remote Students
Recommended Engagement Time
- Math: 45 Minutes per day
- ELA: 45 minutes per day
- Science or SS: 30 minutes per day two days a week
- Specials: 30 minutes per day
- Writing: 30 minutes per day
Student Health Screener
☐ Temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or feels feverish
☐ Sore throat
☐ New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough,
a change in their cough from baseline)
☐ Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
☐ New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever