Summer Update August 4, 2020
A Note From The Principal
As you may know, CFISD LEAD Safely information was released on Monday the 27th. The plan shares two learning options for this fall: learning in person here at Hairgrove or learning from home via CFISD Connect. Please review the plan carefully when making your decision, as we will begin allocating resources based on responses.
If you are curious about adjustments we will be making as a campus for those that attend in-person instruction, I wanted to take a moment to share a few campus-specific changes. At this time, we still plan to allow students to enjoy the full benefit of the school day, such as recess and Large Group classes; however, we will do so with the added safety measures outlined below. After your careful review, please complete the questionnaire located in your child's Home Access Center, which can be accessed at the end of the LEAD Safely plan here: https://www.cfisd.net/en/lead-safely-2020-21. It is important that we have all of our responses as early as possible, with the preliminary deadline of August 5th.
Campus-specific measures include, but are not limited to:
- Increased distancing in the cafeteria
- Zones at recess that will allow students to play with classmates, but keep further apart from other students in the grade level
- Hallway traffic plans to decrease interaction between separate classes
- Student-specific supply holders (pencil boxes or bags, dependent upon grade level) to decrease the use of shared supplies
- Revised clinic procedures to ensure that students with minor incidents are kept separate from those who may be symptomatic
- At this time, we are discontinuing the practice of allowing lunch visitors
- Students and staff will wear face coverings, with the exception of lunch, outdoor recess and other times of high exercise/activity
- Students and staff will cleanse hands upon entering/exiting classrooms and will do so at multiple points throughout the day
- Hospital-grade disinfectants will be used to clean (and re-clean!) surfaces throughout the day
- Plexiglass dividers will be installed in areas that require closer contact (such as the teacher's small group table)
- Two water bottle refill stations will be installed. We encourage students to bring refillable water bottles, marked with their name.
Should you have questions or need assistance with your Home Access Center log-in information, please contact us at 713-896-5015.
Take a look at the rest of our newsletter to read about our other upcoming events. We appreciate your partnership!
Teacher Assignments & Contact Information
It is important (now more than ever) that we have the correct address, email, and phone number for your family in order for you to receive important updates. Please make sure all of your information is correct by completing your update for the year. See pictures below for details.
HELP US GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT REGISTRATION!
Did you know that registration is now all online? If you need to register your child, you can do that today at https://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/registration/admissions-attendance-and-transfers.
Is there a family that moved in near you? Please share this information with them, too!