Web Quest Scavenger Hunt
Stephanie Conrad and Heather Howell
1. The First Non-Programmable Computer
Friday, March 17th 1623 at 11:30pm
In 1623, Wilhelm Schickard invented the first non-programmable automatic computer. He is known as the father of the computer age. It was mankind’s first automatic calculator. It was based on the traditional decimal system. The invention later helped Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz discover a more convenient binary system and Konrad Zuse in inventing the first automatic computing machine.
3. Texas Instruments
“It was a relatively simple device that Jack Kilby showed to a handful of co-workers gathered in TI's semiconductor lab 50 years ago -- only a transistor and other components on a slice of germanium. Little did this group of onlookers know, but Kilby's invention, 7/16-by-1/16-inches in size and called an integrated circuit, was about to revolutionize the electronics industry.”
4. On this Day . . .
4. On My Birthday
5. Internet Made Public
Tuesday, Aug. 6th 1991 at 7pm
6.Favorite Website : Facebook
- Who Founded Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz, Eduardo Andrew McCollum, Chris Hudges
- When was Facebook created: It was created on Febuary 4th 2004
- What does Facebook do:
After registering to use the site, users can create a user profile , add other users as friends exchange messages, post status updates and photos, share videos and receive notifications when others update their profiles. Additionally, users may join common-interest user groups, organized by workplace, school or college, or other characteristics, and categorize their friends into lists such as People From Work" or "Close Friends
- Where can I access it?: You can access it on pretty much any type of electronic device
- Does it have a storefront or anything: No it does not have a storefront, shopping cart, or any other type of buy now feature
- How do they make a profit?: Facebook makes profits off of people who put ads based on personal information that users share
7. Microsoft and Its Founders
8. Apple Co-Founders
Met while Jobs was in high school and Wozniak was in college
Started Apple in 1976
Invented Revolutionary Products
9. William Henry Gates III
10. Mark Zuckerberg
11. Jack Dorsey
Born in St. Louis, Missouri 19 November 1976
Age 15: Wrote Dispatch Software for taxicab companies
Dropped out of New York University
Created Obvious, which revolved in Twitter
2006: Named Chief Executive Officer
- Used by celebrities and politicians to gain success
13. Product Placement in a Modern Video Game
14. What was the ride at disney that explored the past, present and future?
- the ride at disney that explorers the past, present and future is spaceship earth
15. The First Computer
How much did the first computer weigh?
How much electricity did it use?
18. The E-Book
21% of Americans have an E-Book, 8.7 Million E-Books shipments were made in 2014