September 28, 2015
Follow plattsburgtiger on Instagram and Twitter for more great pictures of TigerNation!
We've Got Spirit, Yes We Do!
Homecoming 2015 was a HUGE success! CCR3 would like to thank the staff, students, parents and community for their support and participation in last week's homecoming festivities! Tigers from K-12 showed their school spirit by dressing up for the Spirit Week theme days. The All District Pep Assembly was LOUD and PROUD for our Tigers! Attendees were treated to a special performance by CCR3 staff with a dance routine, a dance routine by PHS Volleyball and a demo by PHS Softball. A special thank you to PHS STUCO and PHS AND CCMS CHEER for their hard work. The homecoming parade was one of the largest in recent years with awesome class floats by high school students. Community members, CCMS and Ellis students were all represented in the parade. Thank you to all the fans who came out Friday night to support our Tigers and to see the halftime ceremony. The week ended with a STUCO sponsored dance at PHS. WOW! What a great week!!
Ellis football players show their spirit in the homecoming parade!
CCMS Volleyball marches in the parade to show their team spirit!
What a fun day!
PHS student's enjoy the beautiful weather at float building!
Congrats to PHS homecoming royalty! Prince and Princess, Daniel O'Connor and Brianna Mitchell and King and Queen, Tanner Bahora and Elizabeth Barclay.
Meet Mrs. Bowman, CCMS Language Arts Teacher and CCMS Softball Coach
Mrs. Bowman and her husband live in Trimble, Missouri with their three children (Nathan 17, Nicole 14 and Autumn 11). Her family moved to Missouri last summer after having spent nine years in Southern New Jersey. She began her teaching career in 1997. Upon moving to Missouri, she decided to take a year off and substitute in order to get to know the area and decide where she wanted to teach. She spent much of last year substitute teaching in Plattsburg with a lot of time spent at CCMS. In that time, she determined that she loved our small town district. When a teaching opportunity became available in the middle school she knew CCMS is where she wanted to be. CCMS has great kids and staff and she appreciates the chance to be working in our district. WELCOME Mrs. Bowman!
Did you know?
- Mrs. Porter's 2nd grade art students are studying Van Gogh. Special grandparent and parent guests were invited to help the second graders with a Van Gogh sunflower project. They are modeling clay to make the flowers and will fire them in the kiln and then glaze them.
- Administrators reported standardized test scores to the CCR3 School Board on Monday. Significant gains were made across the district. Good job, Tigers!
- Smoothies on Tuesday and Thursday morning in the cafeteria for CCMS and PHS students! Start the day off right.
- PHS Cheerleading is hosting it's annual Tiny Tigers Cheer Camp. REGISTRATION FORMS AVAILABLE NOW!
- Bo and Linda Hoskins decorate our streets with Tiger flags on game days! Thank you for your support of the Tigers.
- The Booster Club held it's annual jersey auction on Thursday evening raising money for the Booster Club and PHS Football. The Booster Club meets the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00pm in the high school cafeteria. Join now and get involved!
Mr. Spencer's Salted Caramel Cupcakes
PHS students did some baking this week in Mr. Spencer's class. See the recipe below for these DELICIOUS Salted Caramel Cupcakes. YUM!