January 4 - 8
All In, Mt. Gallant!
How We Win:
- Building and sustaining relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Improving our core instruction in the areas of Guided Reading, Lucy Calkins' writing, and Number Talks.
- Personalizing the MGES experience and learning for each child
Third quarter is here. We have a busy start with our Community Visit on Friday. We have a team of fifth grade students who will serve as docents to take visitors on a tour of our school. Prepare your students to have multiple visitors between 8:30 - 10am on Friday. Be yourselves and do what you do. All will go well!
Third quarter is also the time when our SLO comes alive. I appreciate the work you've put in setting the stage for Calkins or the focus of your SLO if you are not a classroom teacher.
I'm hoping 2016 brings answers as far as the state's stance on what we do. We can each share a story or two of how the unknowns have been frustrating and a bit scary. We'll make it by keeping our focus on kids.
See you tomorrow!
Monday, January 4th
During your team time, review and discuss the writing lesson plan and make it yours. The remainder of the day is yours for planning.
Parent Newsletter submissions are due Friday (Email to me). Newsletter will be sent out with report cards.
January 8 - Community Open House
Prep for January 13 Number Talk PD
- 2:45 - Task Forces to Meet - Minutes posted in Canvas
- 3-5 Knights Doing It Right at 2pm
- Teams work on writing plans for the next week. Lisa will pop-in.
- Leonard at AP Meeting, AM
- Recycling boxes out by 7:45AM
- Community/Board Visit at 8:30AM
- TK Nominations Due; Grade Level Newsletter Due
- Team minutes posted in Canvas
12 - PLC Tuesday; Report Cards sent home
13 - Team Meetings - Number Talks
14 - Heather Rollings @ MGES; SIC at 5:15; PTA at 6:00pm
18 - No School, MLK Holiday
19 - Faculty Tuesday - Essential Learning
20 - Team Meetings with Lisa - Calkins
26 - John Hodge - Collab Tuesday
30 - Back the Pack Winthrop Basketball Games - Women's at 1pm; Men's at 4pm
12 - No School
15 - No School
14 - Teacher Workday
25 - Teacher Workday (Trade-in day if you attended the summer PLC Conference)