Board of Education
An update from Barrington 220: January 15, 2020
Barrington 220 to hold referendum community meetings
COMMUNITY INFORMATION MEETINGS
- Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020: 7pm at Lines Elementary
- Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020: 7pm at Sunny Hill Elementary
- Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020: 9:30am at Barrington High School
- Saturday, Feb. 8, 2020: 9:30am at BMS-Station Campus
- Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020: 7pm at North Barrington Elementary
Open Houses (School Tours)
- Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020: 7pm at Grove Avenue Elementary
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020: 7pm at BMS-Prairie Campus
- Thursday, March 5, 2020: 7pm at Barrington High School
Register to vote in the presidential primary election
Are you registered to vote in Illinois for the March 17 primary election? Click here to begin the voter registration process today! You can also stop in the front office of any of our school buildings or District Administrative Center to register.
Please note: You can register to vote in the March 2020 primary election if you're turning 18-years-old on or before the date of the presidential election on November 3, 2020.
Board recognizes National Board Certified teachers
At its Jan. 14 meeting, the Board recognized two Barrington 220 teachers who recently earned their National Board Certification, along with three teachers who have received their recertification.
The credential is considered to be one of the most respected nationwide among educators. Teachers earn the certification through a rigorous process and must renew every 10 years. Barrington 220 currently has a total of 35 educators who have earned National Board Certification.
Congratulations to the following teachers on earning their certification this year:
- Paula Nowak, an English and fine arts teacher at Barrington High School, has been with Barrington 220 for four years.
- Christopher Rohde, the math department chair at Barrington High School, has been with Barrington 220 for five years.
Congratulations to the following teachers on earning their recertification this year:
- Nirda Derose, a reading specialist at Sunny Hill Elementary, has been with Barrington 220 for 14 years.
- Katie Muhtaris, an instructional digital age coach (iDAL) at Hough and Grove, has been with Barrington 220 for five years.
- Elizabeth Nelson, the district STEM coordinator and teacher, has been with Barrington 220 for 16 years.
Special thanks to BHS teacher Heidi Rockwell and North Barrington Elementary teacher Kathy Sztelle, who serve as mentors for the National Board Certification process!
Former district office up for sale
At its Jan. 14 meeting, the Board approved a resolution that would authorize the sale of the former district office for a minimum price of $680,000. The sale of the 12,413 square foot building will happen through a sealed bid process. The building is located at 310 E. James Street in an area with a mix of houses and businesses. The district moved into the location in the early 1970s, when the school district was officially formed.
At the end of the 2018-19 school year, Barrington 220 moved into its new location at 515 West Main Street, right across from Barrington High School.