Biology Study Guide 1
Characteristics of water
- Cohesion: water is attracted to water
- Adhesion: water is attracted to other substances
- Boiling Point: liquid water turns high in tempature
- A seven on the pH scale (neutral)
- Hydrogen Bond
Water is attracted to itself and stays together.
Under seven is basic while over seven is acidic. Water falls under number seven which is neutral.
Macromolecules are large molecules made of of smaller organic molecules. There are four classes of macromolecules.
- Nucleic Acids
- Function: provides energy