By: Rhett Kubeczka
Sweet facts about Ernest Hemingway's military career
- Ernest served in the Italian army as a ambulance driver.
- He married a nurse Agnes von Kurowsky but soon after she left for another man.
- He wrote a book about his time in WWI called "A Farewell to Arms."
- For his serves, he earned the gifted Italian Silver Medal of Bravery.
Random facts about Ernest!
- His writing style was based on crime and pulp fiction novels.
- His mother dressing him up as a little girl.
- He received the Nobel Prize in 1954.
- He was seriously injured in two successive plane crashes.
Mini BIO - Ernest Hemingway
- He had a six toed cat.
- He was a failed KGB Spy.
- He sharks with machine guns.
- He Believed He Was Under Government Surveillance
Even more facts!
- He stole a urinal
- He once published a recipe for apple pie in his column.
- He was accused of War Crimes after WWII.
- He caught seven marlin in one day.
Last of the epic facts!
- He killed himself with his favorite shotgun.
- Hemingway’s sister and brother, and also his father committed suicide as well.
- His son, Patrick, worked as a big-game hunter.
- Clarence(one of his wifves) wanted his son to become a doctor, but Hemingway refused.