A Peek at the Week
September 3, 2018
1. We can in no way suggest that a child has ADD and/or ADHD.
2. We cannot mention to a parent that a child needs medication.
3. We cannot mention to a parent that they should make an appointment with their doctor.
If a child is struggling with focus, attention, and sitting still, make sure you have tried different strategies to help them in class (alternative seating, standing while learning, movement time, etc.) If the child continues to struggle with these issues, we can:
1. Discuss with the parent that the child is struggling in class with focus and attention, and tell them the strategies you have tried.
2. If the parent brings up ADD/ADHD and/or medication first, you can say that you have had students in the past who have had this medical diagnosis and some of the behaviors are the same. You can tell the parent that we can refer the child to our RTI team who can then gather more information to give to the parent.
If you have any questions, please ask. If a student's focus is interfering with their academics, please give me their names and we will work together to take steps to help the child.
Sept. 11th: Fall pictures
Sept. 12th: Fall pictures
Sept. 17th: Girl Scout meeting at 2:15
Sept. 18th: Girl and Boy Scouts parent meeting at 6:00
Sept. 18th: Lucy Calkins PD- First grade AM, 2nd grade PM. This is at the DO. We will get you subs.
Sept. 19th: Faculty Meeting
Sept. 20th: Rock Your School! Be thinking of your creative ideas for this day!
Sept. 21st: Leveling Due with data wall updated. MAP window closes.
Sept. 25th: Open House/Hot Dog Supper, 5:30-7:00.
Sept. 25th: Lucy Calkins PD- Third grade AM, Fourth grade PM- We will get you subs.