Pelion Middle Learning Commons
Don't forget that the Learning Commons is your partner in promoting reading and teaching literacy skills. Here's how we can work together:
1. Help you help students find his/her identity as a reader. We have a "just-right" book for everyone.
2. Come to your classroom to booktalk and organize your classroom library. We can also help you identify areas of need and get those needed items for your classroom library.
3. Create and co-teach lessons in which we model strategies and jointly monitor students guided practice.
4. Create learning stations in the library to help students gain background knowledge before starting a unit.
5. Provide space for your classes and small groups. The Learning Commons has room for multiple groups, plus a production room where they can experiment with a green screen.
6. Pull a list of books on you for a topic. Whether you are looking for a read-aloud that models the 7 Habits or a book with easy-to-identify- text features, we can find something perfect for you.