Filipino American Medical Society
By: Sarah Rashdan
- Sarah Broder, Pilot: Commander of the aircraft, double checks the route, approves inflight route changes, and participates in the selection of relief supplies.
- Sarah Rashdan, Medical Officer: Determines which supplies will be needed for the mission to prevent and control disease outbreak, serve as the team expert on diseases, participates in the selection of relief supplies.
- Areeba Shaikh, Navigator: Identifies airports for stops and calculates flight times, plots final rout on world map, reviews weather and flight advisories, informs pilot if any changes are necessary, and participates in the selection of relief supplies.
- Maya Whitley, Loadmaster: Supervises the supplies among five pallets based on capability of the aircraft and participates in the selection of relief supplies.
Important Information about our Team
Our team makes stronger Fillipino-American relations. We serve the troubled parts of the Phillipines with medical help, food, clean water, ect. We have a safe, secure way to transport all of these essentials. We use palettes that can be safely removed from the plane in almost any way possible. This can be very effective in difficult situations. We have easy to set up portable hospitals. These are just a few of the components that make us a great relief team.
Our Mission Goal
Our Primary Objective
- Portable Hospitals
- Refrigerated Medical Chests
- Medical supplies
- Portable Latrines
- Miscellaneous items
- Clothing Blankets
- Mosquito Supplies
Time it will take to deliver supplies:
31 hours and 16 minutes
Our flight route is:
We depart from Houston Texas with all of our supplies tightly secured in the plane. Next, we stop in North Wayburn, Canada to refuel. After we complete the refuel we exit to go to our third stop, High Level airport also in Canada. Then, we leave the country of Canada into Alaska's Manly Hot Springs airport. We will leave the continent and make our journey across the Pacific to get to our next refueling stop, Tilichki, Russia. Staying in Russia, we make another stop in Khabarovsk Novy airport. Once we leave the country of Russia, we go to Xinigha, China. Afterwards, we go to the Laoag airport, in Laoag, Philippines. Our final destination is The Tacloban airport.
Our goal of getting to Tacloban safely was accomplished.
Flight Plan Map
This flight plan will take 31 hours and 16 minutes with eight stops including beginning and ending stops.
What pallets one through three will contain and their weight.
What pallets four and five will contain and their weight.
Volume and Weight of each Pallet
Pallet Two: 4,300 lbs, 616 square feet
Pallet Three: 6,650 lbs, 576 square feet
Pallet Four: 5,250 lbs, 544 square feet
Pallet Five: 6,700 lbs, 528 square feet
Total Weight and Volume of what will be Delivered
2,904 feet squared
Supplies that Directly Addresses our Goal
Click here to make a donation to help bring poverty to a close!
What we Accomplished (Chronological)
- Researched the Philippines
- Investigated major widespread epidemics
- Formed our goals
- Demonstrated how cargo pallets will work
- Constructed fight plans
- Began formulating a debriefing
Strategies that Did and Did Not Work
A strategy that did not work was breaking the group apart and having everyone work alone rather than together.
Tips and Lessons Learned
- Double check all work
- Stay organized
- Do extreme research
- Practice makes Perfect on google earth
- when packing supplies, use space rationaly