Are you ready to roll?
BDJH Ready to Roll Day 2016
So what is Ready to Roll day?
Ready to Roll day is a day where we raise money for non-profits. This year it is our tenth anniversary, and we are donating to 10 organizations, and we are aiming to raise $50,000. Over the course of this week, bring in spare change, cash or checks to your Ready to Roll teacher. You can also ask relatives and family members to donate. A teacher participating in Ready to Roll Day will have a sign on their door saying that they are participating. Bring in money and on April 15th, your teacher will count all the money and put them into coin rolls and sort the cash and checks (checks need to be made out to specific organization). While (s)he is counting and rolling money, you can have free time(as long as you don"t destroy the classroom), your teacher can even set fun incentives. So get Ready to Roll!
So whats your motivation?
Donate to some special charities
- Ainsley's Angels: A non-profit that helps people with disabilities to participate in marathons, and ultimately in life.
- Autism Rescue Angels: An organization that helps meet financial needs of families whose loved one(s) are diagnosed with autism.
- Cure Sanfillipo: A charity that is trying to save little kids all over the country from a rare terminal progressive disease, Sanfillipo Syndrome.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: a 501(c)3 who is raising money to provide state-of -the-art medical care to kids with lymphomas(blood cancers). Our age group is the most affected by lymphomas.
- Scouts Honor Rescue: A non profit that saves dogs that are abandoned, abused or neglected until they can be placed in a forever home.