Week Thirty-Two - May 9th
A Weekly Staff Bulletin
Thank you for being so trusting with the Staff Appreciation Assembly - I hope you saw a little fun in the whole program and I know the kids loved showing you with flowers and love.
Also, thank you for your flexibility and willingness to trust changes happening at Serrano. I understand that change is really difficult and will do what I can to support those who need it. I had a chance to talk with everyone last week regarding class placements and wish I could have had every conversation at once, as it would have eased some of the tension/uncomfortable lunches but time was not on our side. Those of you who are making some unexpected changes - thank you! I realize that change is scary and sure appreciate your flexibility and positivity towards making your new team a great one and making your new class awesome! The kids at Serrano sure are lucky to have such an amazing team! Below is a list of the tentative class placements (only tentative as sometimes something wacky, unexpected happens with numbers - although we don't anticipate that).
- New Teacher - we should know very soon if numbers support an additional class and are keeping our fingers crossed
- New Teacher
*Please do not publicize the names above with parents at this point - if parents ask to request a certain teacher, please let them know they can speak with me but that we are not accepting teacher requests this year.
With five and a half weeks left, I am excited to close out the year with you. Please make sure that, if you haven't already, you schedule (with Pam) your articulation meeting for after school sometime between now and the end of May. Also, please check with Pam as to your sub day for 2016-2017 planning. The sub days start the last week of May and are the first two weeks of June - one day for each grade level.
Also, please make sure your end of year events are on the master calendar so they are not forgotten over the next six weeks.
**I have not calendared the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon because I am not sure which date the parents are choosing but will update as the date becomes available.
Duty Schedule Reminder
- 7:45-8 lunch tables: Fisher
- 8-8:15 blacktop: King
- 10:15-10:30 blacktop: Beckham
- 10:15-10:30 big apple, looking to playground: Cinadr
- 10:35-10:50 primary swings, east: Strawn
- 10:35-10:50 lunch benches and blue playground: Rutledge
- 2:20-2:35 stairs with bus, near computer lab: Raidmae/O'Hare
- 2:20-2:35 entrance to parking lot/ sidewalk near Kinder: Ilinescu
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk near library: Vigneault
- 2:20-2:35 center island: Ivory
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk by office: Coony
- Book Fair is open through recess and then closes for this year
- Celebration of Nurse's Day - Thank you Ms. Lusiani for all you do!
- Ashley out 11:30-1p
- Gold Ribbon Hilton Anaheim - CDE - I have invites from O'Hare, Covington, Ilinescu, Cycenas - let's figure out a carpool :)
- Min Day - Pick-Up K 12:20p, 1st-6th 12:25p
- Wednesday - PLC Day
- 3:30p Employee of the Year Celebration @ the DO to honor Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Covington
- PFO Meeting - 8:30-10a in the Staff Lounge
- Art Masters - Student Day
- 2:30 - 4th Grade Articulation Meeting
- Ice Cream Sales
- Kinder Field Trip - La Habra Children's Museum
- Art Masters - Parent Lesson
- Eagle Spirit Day - Wear your Eagle Shirts
- Ashley @ DO from 2:45-4:30p BYOD Meeting
Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
There will be a sign-up for teachers for breakfast items and for how many invites you will need in the staff lounge this week. Please fill out the invite count by Friday so the 1st grade team can get them in your mailbox.
During the breakfast there will be a few minutes for each class to come to the breakfast and perform a song/poem/dance/VAPA etc. and provide our volunteers with some special entertainment for the many hours they give to Serrano.
To help decorate the breakfast, we are asking that each class build a centerpiece. This can be simple as a handprint vase to something different and creative. Please let us know if you have questions.
- MXL Log - Jane has done a GREAT job of tracking our students who attend MXL and for the reason. Please feel free to use the log as evidence in a conference, should you need it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m7NXsKWPtf0X0LDF6AOcWv5Q5MpTU2vvypQmiuT_pq0/edit?usp=sharing
Physical Education Standards
If you plan on utilizing some time throughout the week to fulfill your 100 weekly minutes of PE, please make sure you are leading activities that are in line with the State of California PE Standards and if you have questions or would like suggestions about activities, please see Mrs. McLeary. It is very important that the safety of kids is a top priority in any physical education activity. Thank you for your help in this endeavor.