September 13th - 18th
- For more detailed information, please refer to the student handbook.
- ATTENDANCE PHONE LINE: 208.855.4252
- Please use our attendance line to report any of your student absences or request a permit to leave!! If you get the attendance voicemail, please leave a message, as the attendance secretary checks it regularly.
- PERMIT TO LEAVE CAMPUS (PTL):
If it is necessary for a student to leave campus, they must obtain permit to leave from the attendance office. Failure to secure this permit will result in a major truancy as stated in the school handbook. In order to facilitate a student’s release, the ATTENDANCE OFFICE NEEDS AT LEASET ONE (1) HOUR NOTICE. A parent or guardian must call the attendance office prior to the student needing to leave. Notes will not be accepted. Please be advised that NO PERMITS TO LEAVE CAMPUS WILL BE MADE AND NO STUDENT WILL BE CALLED OUT OF CLASS 20 MINUTES BEFORE LUNCH AND 20 MINUTES BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY.
Monday, Sept. 13
- Senior Parking Painting: After school starting at 3:00pm
- Boy's Soccer: Junior Varsity 4:30pm vs Owyhee (Away), Varsity 7:00pm vs Owyhee (Away)
- Volleyball: Freshman 5:00pm vs Meridian (Home)
Tuesday, Sept. 14
- ASL Club: First meeting of the year during lunch from 11:00-11:22 in room 206
- Boy's/Girl's Swimming: Varsity 11:30am at West YMCA vs Boise (Away)
- Girl's Soccer: Junior Varsity 4:30pm vs Owyhee (Home/Patriot Pitch), Varsity 6:00pm vs Owyhee (Home/Stadium)
- Volleyball: Sophomore 4:30pm vs Timberline (Home), Junior Varsity 5:30pm vs Timberline (Home), Varsity 6:30pm vs Timberline (Home)
Wednesday, Sept. 15
- Boy's/Girl's Cross Country: Varsity 4:30pm at Kleiner Park (Home)
- Boy's Soccer: Junior Varsity 4:30pm vs Boise (Home/Patriot Pitch), Varsity 6:00pm vs Boise (Home/Stadium)
- Volleyball: Freshman 5:00pm vs Owyhee (Away)
Thursday, Sept. 16
- Football: Freshman 4:30pm vs Rocky Mountain (Away), Junior Varsity 7:00pm vs Rocky Mountain (Away)
- Girl's Soccer: Junior Varsity 4:30 vs Boise (Away/Fort Boise), Varsity 6:00pm vs Boise (Away/Fort Boise)
- Volleyball: Sophomore 4:30pm vs Rocky Mountain (Away), Junior Varsity 5:30pm vs Rocky Mountain (Away), Varsity 6:30pm vs Rocky Mountain (Away)
Friday, Sept. 17
- Football: Varsity 7:00pm vs Rocky Mountain (Away)
Saturday, Sept. 18
- Boy's/Girl's Swimming: Junior Varsity TBA vs Boise (Away/Caldwell YMCA)
- Girl's Rugby: Varsity 10:00am vs Meridian (Away/Mt. View High School Facility)
- Student ID's: Students will need to have their student ID's on them at all times, this gives them access to get in the building and lets us know who is supposed to be in the building during school hours.
- Fees: Please check myschoolfees.com for fees current for the 2021-2022 school year
- Senior Parking Painting Spots: Reminder that Sat. Sept. 11 from 9:30-2:00pm you will be able to paint your parking spot, first come first serve on parking spots.
- PSAT's: Juniors can now sign up for the PSAT that is October 13th. If they score high enough then they are eligible for the National Merit Scholarship. Studies also show that juniors that take the PSAT for a second time score better on the actual SAT that they will take in April. The test is $20.00 and they can sign up with the bookkeeper or through my school fees. If they have questions they can talk to their counselor.
- Centennial broadcasting: Students work hard every day to produce new episodes of KCTV Centennial News every week just for you. New episodes will be available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays through the end of the year. You can find the latest show on the Centennial High School website, just scroll to the bottom of the home page, find the video, press play, and enjoy!
Are you experiencing COVID-19 symptoms?
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Fever (100 degrees farenheit) - without having to take any fever-reducing medications, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen
- New loss of smell or taste
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- New or unusual headache
- Extreme fatigue
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or loss of appetite
- Congestion or runny nose
One or more of these symptoms that is a new onset or is an increase in severity.
Yes, I have symptoms.
- Had close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19? (Refer to "Exposed - How to Quarantine")
- Traveled to OR live in an area that is designated substantial community transmission?
If no to all of these questions OR If you have been vaccinated:
- Stay home until you are symptom free for 72 hours without fever or symptom reducing medications.
If yes to one or more of these questions:
- Contact your healthcare provider for further guidance.
- Quarantine yourself for 10 days from the onset of symptoms.*
- Notify your child's school that they will be absent.
*A healthcare provider note with a sooner return to school/work date will be accepted.
*See link below for more info on how the quarantine policy works
- 2021 Yearbooks: If you have not picked your yearbook up from last year please see the Bookkeeper
The Centennial High School Yearbook staff needs your pictures!
Submit photos that show you:
-Having fun this past summer
-Working hard at your after-school job
-Posing with your pet(s)
-Playing a musical instrument
-Standing by the car you drive to school
-Hanging out with friends on the weekends
Click on the link below to submit your photos:
Clothes & School Supply Drive
- NHS is hosting a "Back to School" clothes and school supply drive to help students in need. Please help us out by donating new school supplies and gently used clothing items. There are bins near the front office for donations. Questions? Contact Ms. Shupe in Room 220 or by email at email@example.com. Help us make sure that every student has what they need for a successful school year!
College and Career Center
-AP Students: Your JOIN codes have been created so you can request your AP exam. Your teachers will be sharing the join code in their specific class. You will need a Collage Board account, so if you have not done so already, please create one. AP Students should join the Cen10 AP Teams for information everything regarding AP!
Need Help Creating a College Board Account? Click HERE
-College and Financial Aid Night:
Septmeber 23rd at CHS, starts at 6:30pm in the CHS Little Theater. Ms. Porchia will conduct a short overview of scholarships and important information for seniors then, David Ries, Financial Consultant, will briefly explain how to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and compare/contrast college financial aid packages.
SIGN-UPS ARE REQUIRED!
-Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Night:
Thursday, October 21st in Centennial's Career Center from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Hands-on FAFSA Night will walk parents/students through the online process of applying for and completing the FAFSA.
- IDLA Students: If you are registered for FALL IDLA and Dual Credit classes now is the time to REQUEST FAST FORWARD FUNDS to pay for those classes! Go to this link to enroll in an account (if you don't have one) or to request funds: https://advancedops.sde.idaho.gov/ Any questions - Please visit Ms. Rossman in the Career Counseling Center.