Bee Cave Beehive
Upcoming Dates and Reminders
K-2 5:30 - 6:15
3-5 6:30 - 7:15
Sept 2 - Labor Day
Dear Bee Cave Elementary School Parents,
We are off to an AMAZING year! A HUGE thank you to everyone ... students, parents, and staff for all of the positivity and hard work in making the start of school a success!
We had our first #bceinspiringtoshine assembly this past Friday morning and it was a blast! If you get the opportunity to join us on a Friday morning, we would love to have you!
In order to be connected everyday, we are beginning a morning broadcast (Monday - Thursday) where students and staff will:
- say the U.S. Pledge, Texas Pledge, and have a moment of silence
- have a character "Time to Shine" message
- get the daily weather, the lunch menu, a joke/riddle/daily challenge of the week, and a "this day in history" fact
- and more.
Please join us this coming Thursday evening for Curriculum Night. This is an opportunity for you to see what your child will be learning this year. We ask that you find arrangements for your child for this time so the 45 minutes can be maximized for your learning.
Wishes for a wonderful week ahead!
Gifted and Talented
On Friday, September 20th, immediately following assembly there will be a parent information session in room 405 (BCE) hosted by Cheryl Anson, BCE Gifted and Talented teacher.
All the information about the LTISD GT/Discovery Program is available on our district website. You can also access this presentation on the district website under the GT/Discovery Information Meeting link. Please feel free to attend, especially if you are new to LTISD and have questions! Thanks!
If you have any questions, please email Cheryl Anson email@example.com
When visiting BCE, you will be greeted by our wonderful front desk receptionist, Leanne Hamilton! When visiting campus, have the following items readily available:
· Driver's License or Identification Card
· Purpose of visit
· Length of visit
· Destination(s) on campus
Visitors, other than a student’s parent or legal guardian, must have the written permission of the parent or legal guardian before they will be allowed to visit a student at school. For the safety of those within the school and to avoid disruption of instructional time, all visitors must first report to the campus main office. All visitors must sign in using the district’s Raptor system. After checking in, visitors will be given a badge to wear throughout the duration of the visit. Badges must be worn visibly on the shirt. Badges should be returned to the office when the visitor signs out.
A few important requests for the safety and security of our students:
- Visitations must be limited to areas approved during check-in.
- School-age friends or relatives of district students may visit only at lunch times and with the parent of the LTISD student. Guests are not permitted to shadow LTISD students during the instructional day.
- All visitors are expected to demonstrate the highest standards of courtesy and conduct. Disruptive behavior will not be permitted.
- Parents, please refrain from using your cell phone in the cafeteria. If you need to make or accept a call or a text please step out into the hallway to do so.
IMPORTANT NOTE: An absence letter is generated by our system if your child incurs 9 unexcused absences for three or more days or parts of days within a four-week period. This letter is required by law, to remind the parent that it is the parent’s duty to monitor the student’s attendance and to require the student to come to school. If the school feels that a parent conference is necessary, you will be contacted by the Assistant Principal, Ashley Nauta.
Morning Arrival and Afternoon Pick-Up Reminders for Car Riders
There are TWO morning and afternoon arrival/pick up locations:
1. Front "Park & Walk In" - Only for parents to park and walk student into front lobby.
2. Side Drop off "Car Rider Line" (side gym door) - Only for students that can get out of car independently.
1. Front Park and Pick up at/in front door by Gym (go to the black gate) - Have ID (new parents)/parent pick up card (returning parents) with QR code ready.
2. Side Car Rider Line - Have your car tag hanging in the window. If you do not have one please have a note of your child's name in the front window until you obtain one. Please contact the Assistant Principal, Ashley Nauta, firstname.lastname@example.org. to get a tag.
Staff supervise both areas. If you would like to help your child with his/her backpack and give hugs in the mornings, we ask that you park in the front and walk your child in rather than use the side "Car Rider Line" where parents should stay in cars, so we can keep the line moving.
Thank you for your help in ensuring morning arrival and dismissal are as safe and efficient as possible. We appreciate you!
BCE PTO Information
2019-2020 PTO Board
BCE PTO offers enrichment programs, hosts community events, appreciates teachers, and funds tens of thousands of dollars of recurring annual expenses towards continued support of our BCE students!
Please join me in welcoming our 2019-2020 PTO Board:
President: Tiffany Greenberg
Vice President: Miko Tachibana
VPs of Fundraising: Sarah Savage
VP Membership: Jennifer Johnson
Secretary: Meagan Gafford
On behalf of the 2019-2020 PTO Board, THANK YOU to all parents for supporting our school with your time and resources. We truly have the best community here at Bee Cave Elementary!
Volunteer Opportunities for 2019-2020
Volunteering at BCE is the best way to get involved, meet new people, and directly impact your child's school experience. Check out all of our volunteer opportunities and sign up for the areas that interest you. Thanks in advance for your support of BCE! It’s going to be another amazing year!