MCA Weekly Wrap-Up!
Primary & KinderPrep Family News - Nov. 2, 2018
I just have a couple of quick notes for you this week!
First of all, it's one of my favorite weekends- that magical weekend when we get to TURN BACK OUR CLOCKS and get a whole extra hour of sleep! Don't forget to set all those non-smart watches and clocks back on Saturday night so you don't arrive to church a whole hour early! (Now if only someone could convince my dog to sleep in that extra hour, too!)
Secondly, if you were unable to make it to the Fall Update this past Monday, you missed the grand unveiling of our new website at mca-eagles.org. Please check out this great new look and get familiar with all the tools and information you can find, and if you see Mr. Carver, give him a high-five for all his hard work on this project!
I hope to see many of you at the PowderPuff Games tomorrow afternoon! It's going to be another wonderful fall weekend! Isn't this the best time of the year?
Introducing...Your Principal for the Day, Mr. Hudson Fehr
Hudson Fehr, Kindergarten student, won the "Principal for the Day" privilege at our Legacy Auction, and he will be the acting principal next Tuesday, November 6th! As part of his "principal-ing" duties, he has made a rule for that day that all elementary students should bring a stuffed animal with them to school. He'll be doing classroom walkthroughs at both campuses, and I'm sure he'll be looking to see which class has the highest participation, so mark your calendars and don't forget your stuffed animal on Tuesday!
ELEMENTARY Yearbook Note
Join us for our Upcoming Thanksgiving Feasts!
ELEMENTARY Feast Details:
When? Thursday, November 15, 2018
What time? There are three different shifts.
· Kindergarten and First grade will eat at 10:40
· Second and Third grade will eat at 11:40
· Fourth through Sixth grade will eat at 12:40
How can I purchase tickets?
· Elementary students will automatically be billed $6.50 on your tuition statement for lunch that day. If you would like for them to opt out of this meal, please contact Heidi (at North) or Karen (at South).
· Families are invited to attend! Tickets are $8.00 per person and can be purchased online at https://bngn.smarttuition.com/?id=dj0xz02vshu#/home/ . Do not purchase a ticket for your elementary student, as they will be billed automatically. Tickets must be purchased no later than Sunday, November 11th so we can plan for enough food for all. (If you are unable to purchase online, you may reserve a ticket by emailing Mrs. Howell no later than November 11th, and you can pay by cash or check when you arrive at the feast. The purchase price for these tickets goes up to $9.00 if you choose to pay this way.)
Don’t delay! Please purchase your tickets by Sunday, November 11th!
KINDERPREP Feast Details:
When? Friday, November 16th, 2018
What time? 11:30-1:00
Where? MCA Gym
More Info: Each room will be assigned to bring a specific side or dessert, and MCA will provide the meat and rolls for everyone. This is a "potluck style" dinner, so no ticket is required. Please watch for information from your teacher regarding your assigned food contribution!
An Invitation from Parents in Prayer
We are gaining in numbers and would love to have you join us on Thursday mornings to PRAY, any Thursday morning that you can, from 8:10-8:30 at the North campus in room 209. This week as we started the month of November, we gave thanks to God for all that He is doing and all that is going to do here at Maranatha. We also prayed over the second grade classroom. What a great group of students! Join us next week as we pray over Mrs. McFarland's third grade classroom. ~
~Parents in Prayer
Elementary After-School Activities
Every classroom teacher offers a "helps class" before or after school during the week. Watch for specific information in your child's classroom newsletter about this opportunity!
Bricks for Kids Lego Club (for grades 1-5):
Begins again today! Meets Nov. 2, 9, 16, 30, and Dec. 7, 14!
Saturday, November 3rd-
MCA Powder Puff Games 1:00-3:00 p.m. with a special elementary activity at 1:45 (details in flyer below)
Monday, November 12th-
KinderPrep-12th Grade NO SCHOOL in observance of Veteran's Day
Thursday, November 15-
Elementary Thanksgiving Feast and Colonial Days (If you'd like to help plan Colonial Days, you're invited to a meeting on November 1st at 3:30 in Mrs. Orndorff's room.)
Friday, November 16th-
KinderPrep Thanksgiving Feast
K-12 Thanksgiving Break- No School
KinderPrep Closed for Thanksgiving Break