Volumen 12, Edicion 18 - Abril 19, 2019
Minutos de Mrs. Hutchins
Immersion Education – Teaching academic content in another language
Hello Fronteras Families!
What a busy and fantastic couple of weeks at Fronteras!
· Spring pictures were a super success! Thank you to our volunteers!
· Sr. Onfray, Srta. Husmann, and our Student Ambassadors, Bronte’ Beck and Addie Charton, represented Fronteras beautifully at Kindergarten Night!
· For the third year in a row, Fronteras was recognized as a Capturing Kids’ Hearts National Showcase School!
· Our K-2 Spanish Spelling Bee was another fabulous event! Thank you Sra. Francisco, Sr. Pantoja, and Sra. Torres! CONGRATULATIONS to all of the participants! Congratulations to the 1st place speller, Alvara Narino, 2nd place, Belle Bolinder, and 3rd place, Micah Cooley!
· Thank you to Sr. Onfray and Sr. Neilson for leading this year’s Talent Show! All of the acts were so enjoyable! And a special Thank You to our amazing and entertaining emcee, Ms. Solveig! This was a fantastic way to spend the morning together! Congratulations to 1st place Irish Dance performer: Ava Dillbeck, 2nd place: Middle School Dwarf Dancing Crew, and 3rd place Stamoolis Brothers: Malachi, Kaleb, & Theo
· Check out the great photos of the K-1 field trip to the Alaska Zoo yesterday!
Upcoming events to look forward to:
· April 29th – May 7th – Eighth grade Puerto Rico trip
· April 30th – Annual Lottery @ 5pm
· May 1st & 2nd – Fourth & 5th grade Challenger field trip
· May 13th – Q4 Assembly & Student Showcase @ 9am & 1pm 1st-5th Music performances
· May 18th – Fronteras Drama Community performance @ 3:30pm
· May 20th – Fronteras Drama School performance @ 9:30am
· May 21st – Kindergarten Graduation @ 1pm
· May 22nd – 8th Grade Promotion @ 1pm Middle School Music performance
· May 23rd – FIELD DAY & LAST DAY FOR STUDENTS!
Have a fabulous weekend! And to those who celebrate – HAPPY EASTER!
“Easter is the only time of year when it is safe to put all your eggs in one basket.”
Fronteras Academic Policy Committee (APC) 2019 Board Elections
Fronteras Academic Policy Committee (APC) 2018 Board Elections
Our Academic Policy Committee board elections will take place at the end of April. There are currently two open staff seats and two open parent seats. You can find information about this year’s candidates below and under the Academic Policy Committee tab at the top of the page. Ballots will be available for pick up at the front desk April 22, 2019. Ballots not picked up will be sent home with your student on April 23, 2019. Voting closes at 3pm on April 30, 2019.
Please contact Solveig Eidsness if you have any questions.
Meet A Board Member!
Hello, my name is Jody Soeder and I am a parent of a middle school student at our wonderful school Fronteras. My son graduated from our program in 2017 and is now at Career Tech! My husband Kurt and I both grew up in Northeast Ohio. Opportunities in the Public Health Service brought us to Alaska where we have lived for the last 15 years. I am a school nurse in the MatSu Borough and I have served on the APC Board at Fronteras as Secretary for the last 3 years. I love that in a little town in AK we found an opportunity for our kids to learn another language and found a second family too! Being a board member has been a wonderful opportunity to be part of the planning and decision making at our school. I encourage anyone thinking about it to run for a position and join the APC Board.
Congratulations to all of our Phoenixes that competed in the K-2 Spanish Spelling Bee!
Mrs. Hutchins met her favorite country legend on Wednesday morning!
Thank you Noah for presenting your outstanding Spanish biography about Aaron Rodgers to Mrs. Hutchins, a fellow Cheesehead!
This creative crew presented their business plan to Mrs. Hutchins in hopes of fundraising for Fronteras. Such an impressive presentation and great idea!
Congratulations to 1st grade students Aubrie and Georgiy for earning 1000 Dojo points! To earn points, students must be kind, helpful, polite, and focused on their school work. Great job kiddos!
Mrs. Hutchins’ lunch time reading crew!
Rayna & Lorelei share their poems from Mrs. Strickler’s Language Arts Class.
Thank you to Sr. Onfray, Srta. Husmann, and Fronteras Student Ambassadors Bronté Beck and Addie Charton, for representing Fronteras at the district’s annual Kindergarten Night last Thursday!
Ms. Kami turned 29 again!
There's always room for Jello!
Ms. Solveig, Mrs. Hutchins and Ms. Shawn hid special birthday treats in a Jello mold for Ms. Kami to find!
Ms. Kami found her favorite bottle of Thieves spray!
Time to do my nails!
Ms. Kami found her favorite nail file!
1st Grade Field Trip to the Zoo!
Kindergarten Field Trip to the Zoo!
Ms. Kami and Ms. Shawn love the fact that Sra. Torres lost her phone!
Solveig is judging Sra. Torres for losing her phone!
Sr. Pantoja is shocked that Sra. Torres lost her phone!
Ms. Schneider isn't surprised that Sra. Torres lost her phone!
This link button offers a number of district-wide summer programs in the Mat-Su serving several different needs!
Synergy Student Information System!
The Matanuska Susitna Borough School District is migrating to a new student information system (SIS) called Synergy for the 2019-2020 school year. This change in our SIS will better support education for MSBSD students. Our current system, SchoolMAX (iParent/iStudent), has become static and its functionality will not improve in the future. Our new SIS is responsive and will evolve with the changing needs of K-12 education and of our District. Transitioning to Synergy allows us to create a more user-friendly platform and optimize operating costs while we continue to focus on quality education for all students. Online registration will begin in early July 2019 and the District will reach out directly to families when registration is open. For additional information visit www.matsuk12.us/synergy or contact Reese Everett/Dina Henderson in the Office of Instruction 746-9212.”