Kindergarten Kingdom News...
Mrs. Johnson's and Mrs. Lawlor's Kindergarten Class
We are learning...
Math: We are practicing addition, subtraction, numbers to 100, and patterns. We are working on improving our fact fluency so that we will be ready for First grade "Mad Minutes!" (How many facts you can complete in one minute?)
Science/ Social Studies: We are learning about ocean animals. We talked about how different ocean animals live in different layers of the ocean. Next week is "SHARK" week in Kindergarten!
Things to remember...
- A BIG THANK YOU to all of our parent volunteers for Bubble Day! Also, thank you to everyone that sent in donations. It was a FUN day!
- GKIDs reports are in your student's folder. This is a summary of your student's progress towards mastery of the Kindergarten standards this year.
- We have "themes" for each day next week: Monday: Bring a board game to school. Tuesday: D.E,A.R.- Drop Everything And Read day- bring 5 or more books, a small stuffed animal to read to, and 2-3 snacks (because you get hungry when you read!) Wednesday: Ocean Day- we have an ocean themed movie and snacks this day. Thursday: Math Day- We will play math games and eat "spheres"- cheese balls! Friday: Party and Pack Day- students can be checked out after the party. We will be packing up everything in the room after the party.
- Our last day of school is May 20th. This is also the day for our "End of the Year" party. Our class party is scheduled for 9:30-10:30 am. Parents are welcome to join us! Students can be signed out after the party. We will not have any activities after the party because we will be.... packing, packing packing!
- Report cards will be in your student's folder on the last day of school. Please make sure to check your student's folder!
May 20: Last day of school!
May 20: Kindergarten Class Party- 9:30-10:30 am. Parents are welcome to attend!