Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights - 2/22/2021
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting virtually on February 22, 2021. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved with two exceptions. Item 1 under Policy and the information item under Miscellaneous were both tabled until a future board meeting: Agenda and Addendum.
- The Board, together with the Flemington-Raritan Education Association, honored the 2020-2021 Educators of the Year during this meeting since the District was closed last spring due to the pandemic. These outstanding educators are featured in the section below in celebration of their prestigious achievement.
- Dr. McGann shared her Superintendent's Report, linked here.
- An audio recording of the meeting is available on our web site here.
2020-2021 Educators of the Year
The 2020-2021 Educators of the Year are:
BARLEY SHEAF SCHOOL
Teacher – Susan Fischer, Grade 1
Educational Services Professional – Dayna Hamlin, Literacy Support
COPPER HILL SCHOOL
Teacher – Susan Stillwell, Preschool Disabled
Educational Services Professional – Terry Calabrese, Teacher Assistant
FRANCIS A. DESMARES SCHOOL
Teacher – Lea Klein, Computer Teacher (K-2)
Educational Services Professional – Ana Headley, Teacher Assistant
ROBERT HUNTER SCHOOL
Teacher – Jennifer Smits, Grade 3
Educational Services Professional – Zoey Blampey, Stretch Teacher & RTI Coordinator
READING-FLEMING INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Teacher – Lisa Coster, Grade 6 Special Education
Educational Services Professional – Beth Brennan, School Psychologist
J.P. CASE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Teacher – Misti Meyer, Grade 7 English Language Arts
Educational Services Professional – May Wong, Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant
Policy & Regulation Update
The following new policies and regulations were presented for 1st reading:
- P 1643 - Family Leave (M)
- P 2415.02 - Title I- Fiscal Responsibilities (M)
- P 2415.05 - Student Surveys, Analysis, and/or Evaluations (M)
- R 7425 - Lead Testing of Water in Schools (M)
The following revised policy was adopted:
- P 7425 - Lead Testing of Water in Schools (M)
Board policies and regulations are available online here.
Next Meeting - March 1, 2021
- The Board will meet again on Monday, March 1, 2021.
- To view the 2021 Board Schedule, click here.
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity