Back to School
Insight School of Indiana - August 2020
Hello Insight Families!
Welcome to the start of a new school year! We realize this has been, and continues to be, a deeply unsettling time for communities across our country. Though many things are still uncertain, please rest assured that your student’s education is not one of them. The dedicated educators and staff at Hoosier Academy Network of Schools are committed to providing consistency in your student’s life with a high-quality, engaging, and personalized academic experience this year.
As you can imagine, we are seeing unprecedented interest in our programs from families like yours, and our enrollment is up year over year. Based on this increased demand we have been hard at work strengthening our operations to better serve each student’s learning needs. That means adding additional state-credentialed teachers, advisors, and support personnel. Onboarding processes for both students and staff are ongoing.
During this process, we are asking for your patience with possible delays in response times and potential issues with onboarding, that you may experience during the start of the school year. Please know that any initial challenges you face will be resolved in the coming days and weeks.
Each and every day at Hoosier Academy Network of Schools our faculty and staff focus on delivering a rigorous, dynamic, and inspiring learning program for your student. This includes:
- A dedicated state-credentialed, specially trained online teaching staff that provides live online sessions and tailored instruction to meet each learner’s unique needs. Each teacher participates in one of the industry’s most comprehensive professional development programs specifically built for online learning. This includes intensive onboarding when they begin teaching at our school, and extensive competency-based professional development and skills training throughout the school year.
· An award-winning curriculum coupled with innovative technology. Our digital-first curriculum, designed for use in an online environment, is built to deliver a personalized learning experience for your student. Our coursework also incorporates STEM education.
· A wide range of online social opportunities for your student, designed for today’s socially-distant world. These may include online clubs, e-gaming tournaments, or safe peer-to-peer virtual get-togethers.
· Special education, tutoring and wraparound support to ensure a smooth transition from a traditional classroom to virtual schooling.
· Career learning and education courses that prepare students for success after high school—whether that entails college, a career, or both. Students can explore, study, and examine high-demand careers in fields like business, information technology, and health science.
· Resources to help parents succeed as Learning Coaches including, lesson guides, videos, specially designed programming and resources, and opportunities to connect with other parents.
· A flexible school schedule that fits your families’ needs.
Throughout the school year, we rely on our trusted partner K12—and its more than 20 years of experience delivering online programs—for our school’s curriculum development, teacher training, and technology to meet your child’s specific needs.
We are excited to work with your student this year and appreciate your support as we continue to serve the growing Hoosier Academy Network of Schools community. The following are some additional resources that may be useful for your student and family.
· Customer Service - https://www.help.k12.com/s/
· Learning Coach Support –
Dr. Janice Silver, Head of Schools
PTO Survey due August 21st
We would like to partner with our families to create a Parent-Teacher Organization to support and enrich our student's educational experiences. Please complete the following survey by August 21, 2020.
Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center (SEMHC) School-Based Services
Just for Learning Coaches
Coach to Coach is a 30 minute session offered year round. Hear from a veteran learning coach on relevant topics, such as What to Expect and Best Tips and Tricks. Join in the discussion with other coaches from across the nation.
Registration Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K12C2C
Learning Coach Café is a 60 minute drop in session offered year round where coaches can ask school questions or chat with other coaches. It is an informal chat led by a veteran learning coach. The Café is a great place to meet other coaches, receive support, and offer support.
Registration Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/lc_cafe
K12 New Learning Coaches for NEW Learning Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewK12LearningCoaches/
K12 Learning Coach Café for ALL Learning Coaches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/K12LCCafe/
We also have an LC group just for Insight families!
Learning Coach Training
What is Learning Coach Training?
We believe that every student can succeed here at Hoosier Academies. Behind every successful student is an amazing Learning Coach. We want to give you the tools to start your year off strong.
Mobile reference page for LCs
Explore K12 on your smartphone or tablet! And stay tuned, we're continually adding new app features.
The K12 app is a great resource for parents and legal guardians, keeping you in the loop starting with your online school search to completing the enrollment process to the last day of the school year and beyond!
With the app, you'll have the power to:
- Start and complete enrollment
- Track your student's progress
- View your schedule
- Log daily attendance†
- Receive instant notifications
- Communicate your plans for future school years
The K12 app experience may vary by school. If you have questions, call 866.571.4316 for information.
Do you have a great story to tell about your student(s) and the role that online and blended school has played in their lives? Are you interested in sharing your story with local reporters and media outlets?
If so, please submit it to Project Elevate, our story-collection tool, and we’ll contact you for possible media opportunities. You can submit your story online or via the free K12 Project Elevate app for iOS (App Store) and Android (Google Play) devices.