Cultivate Your Landscape Skills!
Learn about proper landscape installation & management!
Did you know a license is required for planting plants or spraying weeds for a fee?
This 2 day class is provided for you at no cost thanks to a grant from USDA Rural Development. The class is taught by Alabama Extension professionals and covers the following:
- Basic turf and weed identification skills.
- State of Alabama Regulations related to Professional Services in Alabama.
- Requirements of pesticide safety and use.
- Various types of weeds, diseases, and insects.
- Requirements to properly set plants in the landscape.
- Maintenance requirements for plant materials.
- Landscape maintenance equipment safety and use with equipment provided by Husqvarna.
- SLP and OTPS Exam Review Concepts.
Class Located at Coffee County Farm Plex (8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. with lunch each day)
Friday, April 12th, 8:30am to Saturday, April 13th, 3:30pm
1055 East Mckinnon Street, New Brockton, AL, USA
To register, click on the button below. The program has no cost thanks to a grant by USDA Rural Development and equipment provided in part by Husqvarna, but registration is required to plan for lunch and materials. A minimum of 5 class registrations required by 4/9/19 for class to be held.