Byrd's English II
UNIT LEARNING GOALS
- Analyze the representation of a subject or topic between different mediums
- Analyze how an author draws on and transforms source material in a specific work
- Delineate and evaluate arguments and claims made in a text
- Analyze seminal documents of historical and literary significance
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas
- We will be reading Act V this week - make sure your ACT IV questions are answered and the quiz from last week is complete.
Monday, May 9
Vocabulary Practice - Unit 13 - Quiz on Wednesday
Make sure your ACT IV quiz from Friday's agenda is completed
Assign parts and read ACT V - complete questions and discuss as we read.
Wednesday, May 11
Unit 13 Vocabulary Quiz
- Act V Quiz
- Partner rewrites
Thursday, May 12
- You will be working with 2 partners (2 additional people) to create a modern version of the text.
- Take your assigned Act and create a "Thug Notes" like version.
- Explain what is being said in simple terms - you may use slang. You may not use inappropriate slang or extreme profanity.
- Type your version - include stage directions - your version should have the same set up as the original.