Quote from Hiram Revels
"I find that the prejudice in this country to color is very great, and i sometimes fear that it is increase.... if the nation should take a step for the encouragement of this prejudice against the colored race, can they have any grounds upon which to predicate a hope that heaven will smile upon them and prosper them?"
Information about Hiram Revels
- He was born on September 27,1827.
- Death date January 16,1901.
- Political Views, Hiram Revels is against slavery.
- Religion, African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Hometown, North Caroline
6 Significant Reflections
- Against Slavery
- End racial segregation and the unequal treatment of African Americans
- He wanted to teach African Americans about god
- He was the first black Senator
- He was born a free man
- Was a preacher and religious teacher throughout the Midwest
I put this picture of Mississippi because this is where he lived.
The United States Senate
I put a picture of the United States Senate because he was a Senator.
The Barber Shop
I put this Picture of the barber shop because he work in a barber shop.
Personal information about Hiram Revels
- Some interest religion, hobbies cutting hair\teaching religion
- He career was a politician, barber, minister, and collage president
- He was the first person of color to serve in the Untied States senate, and in the U.S congress over all
- His current address is 123 Natchez, Mississippi