Camp Learn A Lot
May 27, 2016
This week we celebrated Young Author Day by sharing our novels with each other, enjoyed dreaming about playgrounds with Mrs. Cline during Visitor Day, designed our seed dispersal devices and began building prototypes during Project Lead the Way, and learned about the Hamilton East Public Library's summer reading program.
Parents are invited to attend the Recognition Program next Tuesday 05/31 9:00-10:00am. Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade awards will be presented during the program. Second Grade will present Attendance and Citizenship awards.
Next Tuesday 05/31 is Year's-End Autograph Day. If your child ordered a yearbook, they are welcome to bring it in. If your child forgets to bring it or did not purchase a yearbook, I will have an autograph sheet available.
The cafeteria will serve a Manager's Choice Lunch Menu for the last two days of school. The menu for Tuesday 05/31 will be Taco Triangles, Fish Sticks / Mac & Cheese, and Yogurt Meal. The menu for Wednesday 06/01 will be Hamburger, Chicken Sandwiches, Bosco Sticks and Corn Dogs.
The Boys and Girls Club will be closed Tuesday 05/31 and Wednesday 06/01. Please communicate all transportation changes to the Main Office.
Spring NWEA progress reports and final report cards will be sent to you via School Messenger next Wednesday 06/01. I am happy to answer any questions or discuss any concerns you have about your child's reports.
Please check out the Lost & Found collection outside the cafeteria! We have lots of lost items that need to find their way home. All unclaimed items will be donated on Thursday 06/02.
Thank you to the many parents who volunteered for Field Day! The kids had an absolute blast!!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Please see the important dates section below for all the fun scheduled these last 2 days of school.
We love . . .
creating our own bar graphs and analyzing data! We are young statisticians!
We love . . .
testing the absorbency, strength, flexibility, and hardness of materials!
We love . . .
reading the amazing books students published for Young Author Day!
- Memorial Day - No School
- Special: Music
- Lunch Menu: Taco Triangles, Fish Sticks / Mac & Cheese, and Yogurt Meal
- Recognition Program for Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade 9:00-10:00am
- Year's-End Autograph Day – Exchange autographs with classmates.
- Special: Technology
- Lunch Menu: Hamburger, Chicken Sandwiches, Bosco Sticks and Corn Dogs
- End of Quarter 4 / End of Semester 2 / Last Day of School
- NWEA Progress Reports and Final Report Cards Sent to Parents
- Zip Up Your Bag and Go Home Day!
- How does the function of an object influence its form?
- How does nature influence design?
Parent & Student Resources
- NWEA's Resources for Parents
- Noblesville's NWEA Resources for Parents
- Reading Comprehension Question Prompts
- Everyday Mathematics Resources for Parents
- Hazel Dell Cafeteria Menu
- Instagram: Request to follow @mrskellysimon
- Remind: To subscribe, text @7b47d4 to 81010.