all the going ons from the #1 class on the 2nd floor
This Week In Learning!
- Reading- Students will be working to build independence within their Daily 5 choices. They have been doing a great job with read to self and work on writing. We will be practicing several comprehension strategies, including "Check for Understanding" and "Back up and Reread". We'll also work on expanding our vocabularies by "Tuning into Interesting Words" while we read and talk. It's so great to hear them use new words we've discovered in conversation!
- Writing- We will continue to work on writing personal narratives, focusing on structure, adding details, and the writing process. They've already produced some great work!
- Math- We are still working on building and understanding of place value within 1000. Students have been doing great with new vocabulary and the idea of equivalent forms of a value. Go ahead and ask them if "TEN is the same thing as 10", you might be surprised by the answer! (Hint there is a difference) We will also be learning how to do math with someone and working on learning all the single digit combinations of 10.
- FUNdations- We will still be working with closed syllables. We will learn about the bonus letter rule (when to double an F, L, or S at the end of a closed syllable). We will also learn several new glued sounds this unit, and the trick words shall, pull, and, full.
- Science- This quarter we will be studying weather! We will be learning about weather tools, patterns, and the effect the sun plays in controlling the weather!
Some Awsome Learners Learning
What Excatly Is 1000?
We might need to all have to count!
Thanks for being so great! Please feel free to contact with any questions or comments!