Welcome to Baggs Elementary!
We are glad you're here
Making the Most of Parent Teacher Conferences
- Talk to your child before the conference. Ask your child what he/she would like you to discuss. One strategy is to say, "I'm going to be meeting with your teacher; what will she tell me?" Your child's response will give you ideas for what to discuss with the teacher. If your child responds, for example, that the teacher will say she is terrible in math, or that she talks all day long, then you have some ideas of issues you might want to talk about during the conference.
- Ask questions. Come to the conference with a list of questions regarding your child's academic and social growth. Some examples might include:
- What are my child's strongest and weakest subjects?
- What can I do at home to extend my child's learning?
- How does my child get along with classmates?
- How can you challenge my student if he/she is excelling? How can you support my child if he/she is struggling?
- Share information about your child. Teachers need your help as they educate your children. No one knows your child better than you. The more you share about your child - both strengths and struggles - the better the teacher will successfully meet his/her needs.
- Raise issues of concern. Plan ahead of time how you will raise issues of concern. When expressing concerns be tactful and clear. Listen to what the teacher has to say in response and work together to find a solution.
- Make the most of your time. Make the most of your meeting by arriving on time. Try not to bring young children to the conference. This can be a source of distraction. At Baggs, we will have child care available free of charge for you to use during your conference.
Our Parent-Teacher conferences will be during the day on Nov. 2nd and 3rd. We will work to schedule siblings back to back. If you need a specific day or time, please contact your child's teacher as soon as possible so we can do our best to meet your needs.
Thank you for your partnership in your child's education! We look forward to seeing you!
East Triad Homecoming Parade - Free entrance to the Game!!!
When: Friday, October 6, 2017 at 5:00
Join us for the festivities in your favorite purple shirt. Families will need to be in the East High staff parking lot at 4:45 so that we can find our place in line. There will be a tailgate party with food at the stadium following the parade. At halftime, we will be recognized by school and walk across the football field. Please remember to wear purple Baggs shirts or jersey and bring your East Triad pride. All students must be accompanied by an adult. Hope to see you there!!!!
Supports for the holidays
Is it Bullying?
When someone says or does something unintentionally hurtful and they do it once, that's RUDE.
When someone says or does something intentionally hurtful and they do it once, that's MEAN.
When someone says or does something intentionally hurtful and they keep doing it - even when you tell them to stop - that's BULLYING.
It is hard to believe the time has come to start planning for holiday programs at Baggs already! This year we are going to try something a little bit different, students in grades 4-6 will be putting on a performance for Veterans Day instead of a December Christmas Program. This will provide older students with an opportunity for a slightly different performance this year. Our K-3 students will carry on the tradition of being part of a Christmas Program for their performance this year. Mark your calendars now! Performances will be held in the Baggs Gymnasium.
Grades 4-6: Veterans Day Program – Friday, November 10th @ 9:30
Grades K-3: Christmas Program – Tuesday, December 12th @ 9:30 & 2:30
5th and 6th grade girls - Please read
You'll have permission slips available next week. We hope you'll going our Bobcat team! It's a great opportunity to be part of a team, to get active, to represent our school, and have fun!
Search for the books you’d love to read. Your books can be shipped directly to your home. You can also have the books shipped to Baggs for reduced shipping. Thanks for supporting our school! Our school will earn 30% of all book purchases!
Our students have an amazing opportunity to be active and earn prizes during their lunch recess! Click the purple button above to learn more about what we are doing! Also, ask your child how many miles they've walked.
Picture day is coming to Baggs on October 13th. You can order online by clicking the button above. Our picture day ID is: CG217054Y0.
My School Bucks is a user friendly program for parents who choose to make meal payments online. Open link for complete instructions.
MySchoolApps is the fast and secure way to apply for free and reduced meals online.
Treasure Hunt Question
October 9th - No school for students
October 13th - Picture Day
October 17th - 5th-6th Girls Basketball practice starts. Permission slips coming soon!
October 24th - Kindergarten Field Trip
November 1st - Early Release at 12:15
November 2nd and 3rd - No school for students. Parent-Teacher conference days.
November 10th - Early Release at 12:15