News & Resources for Leaders in the SUHSD April 2018
The Together Leader: AP Book Study
AP's are asked to read Chapters 14- 16 for April 16. In order to be prepared to discuss the readings at the AP meeting in January, please consider the following:
- What is the current state of your digital documents? How might you begin to improve their effectiveness?
- Moving forward, what will you tackle? In what order?
- How has your time management and/or organization changed this year?
Upcoming Management Meetings for AP's
- 13 - New AP Support (AP's within their first 3 years), 7-9:00 AM, A&B
- 16- ALL AP Meeting, 4-6:00 PM, PDC
- 24 - Twilight, 4:00-6:00 PM, PDC
- 30- All Management Meeting, 4:00-5:00, PDC
- 11 - New AP Support (AP's within their first 3 years), 7-9:00 AM, A&B
- 12th-16th - ALL AP Meetings (there will be multiple sessions, each offered twice), PDC
You can access the schedule of Amy's site visits with AP teams here. Please make sure you have your site's visits on your calendars!
If you have feedback on topics for future AP Meetings, please let Amy know.
Overcoming the Achievement Gap Trap: Liberating Mindsets to Effect Change
This book, by Dr. Anthony Muhammad, was the Teacher Leadership Book Study book in February - we had over 75 teachers across the district read this book. Many of the participants asked me if their administrators had read this book. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend you consider it. I have 3 copies available to loan people (first come, first serve) if you are interested.
Lead Like a Pirate: Make School Amazing for Your Students & Staff
Becoming a Learning Team: A guide to teacher-led cycle of continuous improvement
Leadership Development and Systems Innovation
Dr. Amy Illingworth, Director of Professional Growth