Mooresville Graded School District
District Communications - July 12, 2021
Hello MGSD families!
Do you ever wonder how time passes so quickly? We are well into July and will be welcoming our children back for the 2021-2022 school year in just three weeks! We are so excited to start this new school year on August 2 with our students IN THEIR CLASSROOMS! In today's communications, you will find a few things that you might want to print or download and save, such as our school year calendar and a few important dates to start the year. We will continue to share pertinent information over the next couple of weeks to prepare for the new school year, but until then, enjoy your week!
Click this button to access our 2021 - 2022 School Year Calendar. Thank you!
Dates and Information
Mooresville Middle School
Open House: July 29
- 8th Grade from 4:30 - 5:30pm
- 7th Grade from 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Virtual Mooresville Middle School VMMS from 6:00 - 7:00pm online (link will be shared with VMMS parents at later date).
- Last Name A-K July 21 from 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Last Name L-Z July 22 from 9:00am - 1:00pm
Athletic Tryouts - must have current physical:
(Tryout times may change if heat dictates)
- Football > Mini Camp held July 27, 28, and 29 from 6:00 - 8:00pm / Tryouts held August 2, 3, and 4 from 2:30 - 5:00pm
- Softball > Tryouts held August 2 and 3 from 2:30 - 4:30pm
- Tennis Boys & Girls > Tryouts held August 2 and 3 from 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Cheerleading > Tryouts held July 27, 28, 29, and 30 from 5:00 - 7:00pm
- Cross Country > Tryouts held August 2 and 3 from 2:30 - 4:00pm
Mooresville High School / MIWAYE
Schedules released to students through PowerSchool: July 27
Freshman Orientation: July 27 from 8:00am - Noon
Sophomore Day: July 28 from 10:00am - 1:00pm
Senior Night: August 17 from 6:30 - 7:30pm
Open House for MHS and MIWAYE: August 18 from 5:00 - 7:00pm
Bus Transportation Request for 2021 - 2022
MGSD Statement Regarding Masks for the 2021-2022 School Year
That being said, if you feel it is in the best interest of your student or yourself to wear a mask while on MGSD school grounds, we welcome you and/or your student to continue the practice of wearing a mask. If you choose for your child to wear a mask while at school, please understand that our staff will not be responsible for making them wear the mask if they choose to take it off throughout the day.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we move forward into a new school year. We have high expectations that by working together we can keep our schools healthy, safe, and open for our staff, students, parents, and community!
Join Our Team
Do you want to make a difference in the life of children? Then join our MGSD team! MGSD is in need of Bus Drivers, School Nutrition Staff, and Before and After School Program staff. Making sure our students get to school each day, providing nutritious meals to fuel their bodies and minds, and providing care for students before and after school is vital to MGSD's success! Please see below for application information. Thank you so much!
Contact Lynne Mauney, Transportation Director
School Nutrition Staff
Contact Kim McCall, School Nutrition Director
Before & After School Program Staff
Contact Cindy Karriker, BASP Director