Save our Planet
Tips to save our planet
CONSERVE YOUR WATER
Something as simple as turning off the water while your brushing your teeth can make a huge difference for the planet. Here are some water saving tips:
- Shorten your shower by a minute or two and you’ll save up to 150 gallons of water per month
- Don’t use running water to thaw food. Defrost food in the refrigerator or in a single bowl of water instead.
- Turn of faucets tightly after each use – don’t let them drip!
- Soak pots and pans instead of letting the water run while your scrape them clean
- Save 25 gallons of water a month by turning off the water while brushing your teeth
- When you are washing your hands, don’t let the water run while you lather
It is important to note that humans can adversely affect water quality in numerous ways, and water quality has been selected as one of the three main Environmental Sustainability Indicators by Environment Canada.