The Hornet Buzz
Horace Elementary Parent Bulletin
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
Buses will be using the bus loop drop off lane between 7:25-7:40 and 2:05-2:25. Other vehicles should not be parking where the buses need to be during these times.
Reminders when dropping or picking up your child at school. With it being so dark in the morning, it is hard to see students and/or staff walking across the loop.
- Parents are asked to use the drop-off lane (right side of the loop)
- Slow Down - please be careful when driving in the loop. 5 mph
- Students should exit once your car reaches the curb.
This is the only area on the parking loop where students are to be dropped off. Students should exit through the passenger door next to curb, away from traffic.
- DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR UNATTENDED in the bus loop.
- If you need to get out of your car to help your child, we ask that you park in a parking lot and walk your child across the crosswalk. When drivers get out of their car in the Drop-Off lane, it greatly slows down the flow of traffic and creates safety concerns.
Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe.