How to Improve your Grades
Struggling in a Class Tips
- Attend class every day. Be attentive and put your phone away. (unless you need it for class)
- Have a consistent dedicated workspace (ideally not your bedroom if possible - if not, then at least get out of your physical bed) Have a space free of distractions and stick with a routine.
- Organize your work and keep track of your assignments. Utilize a weekly calendar or agenda to write down due dates. This can be drawn on a sheet of paper if you do not have a printer or agenda.
- Take responsibility and communicate with your teacher. Teachers want to help you! Check your grades weekly.
- Do not just ignore the assignments - they will pile up and feel more and more overwhelming
- Celebrate small wins - focus on what you DID accomplish and understand :)
- It’s always better to be ahead than to be struggling at the last minute! Break down big projects into small, manageable parts—and give each one a deadline. Don’t drag your feet—make yourself do things on time & you’ll be better off in the long run
- Identify someone, who can support you and check in with you regularly - examples include: parent, classmate, sibling, neighbor or another relative
- Consider downloading an app to help you stay organized with due dates for assignments and upcoming tests such as Sigma Planner or My Study Life
- Ask your counselor for resources
Teacher Tutors in the District - will tutor for a fee, please see the district tutor list below.
Clinton Macomb Library - https://cmpl.org/teen/ - online homework help noon until midnight - must have library card
Ask Rose - https://askrose.org/ - free online tutoring for math/science
Need additional help??? Reach out to your counselor. Their contact information is below.
For Grade 9:
Students Last Names A - Kq:
Mrs. Debbie Wall
Students with Last Names Kr - R:
Mrs. Jennifer Frohock
Students with Last Names S - Z:
Mrs. Nadia Given
For grades 10, 11, and 12:
Student's Last name: A-Co
Mrs. Kimberly Koskos
Student's Last Name: Cp-Hes
Mr. Scott Merchant
Student's Last Name: Het-McF
Dr. Dan Lawrence
Student's Last Name: McG-San
Mrs. Sydney Radzinski
Student's Last Name: Sao-Z
Mrs. Stephanie Pitcher