Remote Learning Information
New Cycle Beginning on Thursday, April 16th
Hello Peterson Families,
We are continuing with Remote Learning through at least April 30th. Today during our Remote Learning Planning Day, the staff worked together (remotely), planning how best to provide continual learning for our students; while staying within the guidelines provided from both the Illinois State Board of Education and Indian Prairie School District 204. I continue to be amazed at what our staff has produced! Below are some things for you to know:
1. You will be receiving information on the tasks that your child needs to complete as follows:
- Kindergarten - Email by 9:00 am
- First Grade - Email by 8:00 am
- Second Grade - An email will be sent daily by 9:00 am which includes that day's agenda in a Google Slides document.
- Third Grade - Email will be sent on Monday at 9:00 am that includes the entire week's agenda in a Google Slides document
- Fourth Grade - 4D will send an email in the evening, 4G/4H/4M will send an email in the morning, and 4S will send an email on Monday includes that day's agenda in a Google Slides document.
- Fifth Grade - Email will be sent daily at 9:00 am with a Google Slides document that shows the assignments for the classroom as well as options for specials.
2. The Peterson Remote Learning Plan is your guide to EVERYTHING. The Remote Learning Plan contains Office Hours for Staff, Zoom Meeting Times, and links to the learning plans for each grade level. You can access it here: Peterson Remote Learning Plan 4/16-4/28.
It will also be on our school’s website (http://peterson.ipsd.org/). The following link will give you step-by-step directions on how to access the Remote Learning Plan from our website. Step-by-Step Directions to Access Remote Learning Plan
3. This continues to be new for all of us! As we all try to navigate what this looks like, we understand questions may arise. Just ask! Any staff member is happy to chat, answer questions and help you and/or your child. If you are having issues with technology, you can get help by emailing email@example.com.
I will again be hosting Zoom meetings as a way of connecting with you and to ensure we are all on the same page. I am keeping the groups small because it allows for more conversation. Here is the link to sign-up: Parent Zoom Meeting Sign-up
4. You may be wondering about expectations during Remote Learning.
It is expected and required that all students participate because these are official school days and are counted as such. The timeframe guidelines per day make this reasonable. Each day, teachers will be tracking the participation of students and providing them important feedback to further their education. If your child is not participating and completing assignments, we will reach out to you, to help support you. The learning timeframes are listed below:
- Kindergarten - 30-90 Minutes Per Day - No new learning concepts introduced
- First Grade - 45-90 Minutes Per Day - No new learning concepts introduced
- Second Grade 45-90 Minutes Per Day - Some new learning and review
- Third Grade - 60-120 Minutes Per Day - Some new learning and review
- Fourth Grade - 60-120 Minutes Per Day - Some new learning and review
- Fifth Grade - 60-120 Minutes Per Day - Some new learning and review
5. If your child is ill and cannot participate in Remote Learning, please email his or her classroom teacher to let them know. If you are ill and therefore your child will be unable to attend to their Remote Learning, please do the same thing.
6. Although we know it is a lot, please make sure to read all communication from the district and from the school, as it is crucial to stay informed.
Thank you for your time and attention to this important information! I look forward to continuing remotely learning with you all!
Principal, Peterson Elementary School
Internet Suggestions for Zoom
Ensure you are as close to the wireless modem/router as possible.
If you are having issues with Zoom and have moved closer to your modem/router, you may need to restart the Zoom session and/or the Chromebook.
Ensure you are on the wireless network that provides the best service. (This is if you have a network that has multiple frequencies.)
The last-ditch effort is to reboot the modem/router. This can usually be done by unplugging your modem/router for 60 seconds, waiting 60 seconds, and then plugging it back in. It may take another minute before the modem boots back up and comes online.