Crossing the Bridge Updates
Graduations, Jobs & Summer Plans
Congratulations to the Class of 2015
Mu Class Update
Getting Hired After Graduation
Getting hired is only half the battle! Searching for jobs and applying for jobs is the hardest part! So, below I've listed a few FREE job boards in Greenville and in SC.
Greenville Working Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greenville-Working/304871670953
South Carolina Works (SC Works): https://jobs.scworks.org/vosnet/Default.aspx
Greenville, SC Jobs: http://www.nationjob.com/greenville/jobs/
NEXT Jobs (entrepreneurship & economic development): http://www.nextsc.org/for-job-seekers/
Career Skills Now (if you apply and are accepted, you receive free training and paid work experience): http://www.careerskillsnow.com/about.html
107.3 Community News: http://www.1073jamz.com/News-with-Rhonda-Rawlings/16047294
- Reach out to Bridges! We can help with resumes, cover letters, interviews, etc.
- Create a Resume
- Create a LinkedIn account (online resume/professional social media) at LinkedIn.com
- Attend networking events and career fairs
- Follow up with recruiters that you meet along the way
- Reach out to mentors or past professors for guidance
- Clean up ALL Social Media accounts (pictures, content); anything that is accessible in a Google search for your name, is accessible to your future employer.
Summer Money: Summer Counselor Positions near and far!
Camp Greenville-YMCA: http://www.campgreenville.org/summer-camp-positions.php
Greenville County Recreation: http://www.greenvillecounty.org/apps/OnlineApplications/ViewOpenJobs.aspx
Clemson Emerging Scholars: http://www.clemsonemergingscholars.org/
Duke TIP: http://tip.duke.edu/node/15
Summer Institute for the Gifted: http://www.giftedstudy.org/employment/