Duty To Report Regarding Attendance
Indiana Department of Education
Everyone should report abuse or neglect. The reporting and investigating of suspected child abuse and neglect are not discretionary matters. They have been required by law (IC 31-33-5-1) since 1979.
Do Report When...
- Students have reached ten (10) or more unexcused absences.
- Educational neglect is suspected
- Students are missing and unaccounted for
Opportunities to Work With the Student and Family...
- Lack of homework completion
- Skipping individual classes in a virtual setting
- Internet issues when the family has been in communication with the school
Guidance on School Responsibilities for Adhering to Instructional Time and Student Attendance Requirements (Attendance Expectations During Covid)