September 7th, 2015
Let's Keep the Momentum Going
What's Happening at FMS
- Callaway County United Way PENNY DRIVE-ALL WEEK
- There are several sports and club meetings this week. You can find information and details here: http://www.fulton58.org/vnews/display.v/SEC/Fulton%20Middle%20School
Dressing for Success
A reminder from the handbook on dress code:
1. Clothing must be worn appropriately. 2. Pants must be worn at the hips or above; boxers/underwear/under garments cannot be exposed. This means no sagging. Midriffs cannot be exposed. 3. Tops/shirts must completely cover the torso and cleavage at all times. All shirts must have at least one inch straps that go over the shoulder. If a shirt has not met this requirement an over shirt or sweater must be worn over. 4. Skirts and shorts must be worn at an appropriate length. (Must reach fingertips with arms relaxed by your sides.) 5. Articles of clothing that cause excessive maintenance problems (such as cleats on boots, shoes that scratch floors, and trousers with metal rivets that scratch furniture, and chains) are unacceptable. 6. Footwear is required. 7. Clothing or accessories may not advertise alcohol, tobacco, or drug products or have inappropriate or suggestive language. 8. Hats, bandanas, skull caps or any other type of headwear (male or female) are not to be worn in the school building during regular school hours.
Celebrate Good Times!
1. Our positive to negative discipline referrals are currently 37 positive to 5 negative! WOW! Keep up the awesome work, FMS Students!!!
2. Attendance started out a little rocky, but is now definitely on the upswing!
Average Daily Attendance: 96.89% (goal 97%)
Friday's Attendance: 94.96% (goal 97%)
Percentage of Students here 90% of the time: 90.93% (goal 90%)
Dear FMS Familes: Please complete this survey https://missouri.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1Ya3sGmPZ9ft8CF as a way for us to communicate to you when the PTO has events that need volunteers. You are not committing to anything, only giving us a chance to ask if you can help.
· Providing food for Parent teacher conference (Sept 30 and October 2)
· Helping out at the book fair (Sept. 28 – Oct. 2)
· Helping out at Activity night (tba)
· Helping to sell spirit wear (tba)
· Supporting teachers during appreciation week (tba)
· Anything else you might want to do (tba)
Intramural Soccer Coming Soon!
Attention Families and Students, we will have soccer intramurals starting soon. Soccer intramurals are open to any boy or girl in grades 6, 7, and 8th that are interested in soccer. Students will learn the basics of soccer and eventually scrimmage against each other. Intramural soccer will run from September 15th through October 9th for two hours each day after school 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM. The only exceptions are September 28th and 29th, when intramural soccer will only run 1 hour from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM
If interested in playing intramural soccer, please get a permission slip from the main office.