Estacada Middle School: Wk7 S1
The Know-whats and the Know-hows at Estacada Middle School
School takes place Monday-Thursday from 9am-3pm
Students must log into Canvas for Life class by 9:00am each day
Friday: No School
EMS Counseling Department: Canvas Center
Within this selection, your student is able to schedule a time to meet with our counselors just as they may do when attending the traditional brick-and-mortar school.
Our counseling department is here to support your student with academic guidance, career and college discussions, social-emotional health and well-being questions or concerns, to report any incident of which an adult needs to be aware, or to check in and say, "Hi."
We are excited our students have more heroes at their side to encourage, inspire, and support throughout their learning journey. Go Tigers!
SecondStep Life Class Lessons
In two weeks, we’ll begin Second Step® Middle School, a research-based social-emotional learning program designed to improve students’ social-emotional skills, such as emotion management, impulse control, problem solving, and empathy. Second Step skills and concepts are designed to help students both in and out of school. These include:
- Mindsets and Goals: Students learn how to develop a growth mindset and apply researchbased goal-setting strategies to their social and academic lives.
- Recognizing Bullying and Harassment: Students learn how to recognize bullying and harassment, stand up safely to bullying, and respond appropriately to harassment.
- Thoughts, Emotions, and Decisions: Students learn how to recognize strong emotions and unhelpful thoughts, and apply strategies to manage their emotions and reduce stress.
- Managing Relationships and Social Conflict: Students learn strategies for developing and maintaining healthy relationships, perspective-taking, and dealing with conflict.
If you have any questions about Second Step® Middle School, please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information. Thank you for your support as we work to build a safe and supportive school community
View Your Student's Canvas Account! See Instructions Below:
Family Engagement Survey
Our district is on a continuous journey to make our schools the best places for students to learn, staff to work, and families to send their children for a good education. In this effort, we appreciate your support. It is important to gather feedback from you to celebrate successes and identify areas for growth. Please take a few minutes and complete this Parent Satisfaction Survey to help provide this feedback.
You will need to take one survey for every building your children attend school.
Once the survey is complete, the results will be analyzed by an outside organization. The data from the survey will be sent to each school and the Superintendent. Then, the results of the survey will be shared with parents and the community.
The survey can be accessed online at: Estacada School District Parent Satisfaction Survey.
The survey will be open until October 30th.
Thank you for your interest in and support of your child’s education with us. Please contact me if you have any questions concerning the survey.
Student PowerSchool Login Video
Watch this video with your students. And, view the images below the video to understand where your student "stands" in her/his achievement in their academic classes.
Regardless of their excused absence, your student will continue to be required to submit any work that was missed at the soonest possible opportunity.
We are flexible and here to support you, but we also need to ensure that your student is providing us with evidence of their progress to meet our essential learning standards.
1.Participate meaningfully in class activities (Fully complete school work, speak up in Zoom sessions, ask questions of their teachers on Zoom and/or in Canvas and finish and submit responses to assignments and/or surveys)
2.Communicate with their teacher or another staff member for each period they attend by responding to their teacher's prompts, sending a private message via Canvas or email about the task or assignment if they are not participating live. This communication is not simply saying, "I'm here." It must show a greater level of engagement to count toward being present that day.
If your student has difficulty accessing videos, Zoom meetings or assignments, please have them email their teacher as soon as possible to receive suggestions for how to resolve the issue, so they can be marked present for that class.
See Teacher contact information below.
On Thursday, October 22, EMS hosted a school-wide assembly! Please take a watch of our assembly, here.
Do You Need Something from EMS? Come in: Safely!
All Visits to the EMS Office:
- When you arrive at the main door, ring the buzzer to your right and we'll come out to meet you.
- Please be wearing your mask. If you don't have a mask, we will provide one for you.
Picking Up or Dropping off Items:
- The District Transportation office has set up a delivery system that will bring items from the school directly to your home the day after a delivery need has been identified.
- If you need the item sooner than the next day or two, or if you need to drop something off with us, please call our office at 503-630-8516 or email email@example.com to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Thanks for your cooperation with this new protocol that we hope will keep all of us safe!
View the Video Below to Learn How to Observe Your Student's Work and Schedule in Canvas
For any questions about your parent or student access to PowerSchool, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also call us at (503) 630-8516.
You can also call us at (503) 630-8516.
Chromebook Problems or Concerns?
--Videocamera isn't working, and/or
Please let us make this right. Call: (503) 630-8515 x3000.
The Department of Technology is also available from 8am to 8pm at Estacada High School in the Commons to help you with your technology needs. Please wear your mask upon entry.