By: Kassey Pettigrew
What is the Muscular System?
The muscular system is an organ system consisting of skeletal, smooth and cardiac muscles. The muscular system's main functions are movement of the body, maintaining posture, and circulating blood throughout the body.
Cardiac Muscle Tissue Diagram
This muscle makes up the bulk of the heart.
Skeletal Muscle Tissue Diagram
The muscle that is attached to bone and creates movement and posture.
Smooth Muscle Tissue Diagram
This is the supporting tissue of blood vessels and hollow internal organs.
- The Gluteus Maximus is the biggest Muscle in the body
- It takes 17 Muscles to smile and 47 to frown
- There are more than 600 muscles in the human body
- Muscles make up 40% of a persons weight
- You will always have the same muscle tissue you were born with