BHS Warrior Wire
October 2018 Edition~ Brook Haven School, Sebastopol CA
Forward Into Fall!
During the month of September, BHS students were busy creating catapults in Science, learning how to storyboard and edit video recordings in Video Production, building end tables with drawers in Woodshop, screen printing t-shirts in Art, learning major muscles in PE, writing about the history and significance of their name in English and more. Witnessing your students engaged in their work is the best part of my day. We are one month in and can't wait to see what is in store for all in the coming months.
Teachers will be meeting with parents on Monday, October 8th (No School for Students!) and throughout October's shortened Wednesdays. Please be sure you take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about your student's strengths and areas for growth. It is important that your student knows we are partners in their education.
Help Keep Our Parking Lot Clear!
- You may have noticed that we are not using our parking lot for drop off & pick up! We found that the front of the school is much safer and less chaotic without the cars lined up to drop off or pick up students. Please make arrangements to meet your students on Valentine Ave. or Zimpher Dr. Our crossing guard will make sure they cross safely. The parking lot is only for people parking and coming into the school. The bus will pick up riders in front of the old library.
Be Safe~ Be Respectful~ Be Responsible~ It's the #warriorway!
SUSD has a group of teachers and support staff that are concentrating on renewing our efforts to concentrate on Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports for all students. Together, we will be overhauling our reward and acknowledgment systems that encourage efficiency, equity, and engagement in our classrooms and around our schools. We are excited about the work being done districtwide to better support all of our students. Watch for changes coming soon!
HELP! We've also noticed that many of you don't have your voicemail set up or your voicemail box is full so we can't leave messages. Please check your phones as it is important that we can contact you if needed.
BHS Garden Is Growing thanks to Garden Coordinator, Saivya Birnbaum, and our Students' Hard Work.
A big THANK YOU to Office Andy of the Sebastopol PD & Mombo's Pizza for supporting our Lunch with The Law Program!
Are you interested in serving on Brook Haven's Site Council this year? School Site Council (SSC) is a school level parent & school staff advisory council that is directly responsible for school level programs. Both administration and the Board hear recommendations from this advisory council. Please let Sara Gramm know if you are interested by Friday, October 12.
Yearbooks are on sale now. Order before Oct. 31 & you'll get your name imprinted with 4 free icons.
Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, Oct. 3- Walk & Roll to School Day
- Saturday, Oct. 6- SEF's Repair Cafe at Park Side 12:00-4pm
- Monday, Oct. 8- NO SCHOOL for Students! Conference Day
- Thursday, Oct. 11- ELAC/DELAC Committee Meeting at Park Side 8:30-9:30am
- Thursday, Oct. 18- Parent Ed Night at Park Side 6pm "Listening, Motivation & Cooperation"
- Wednesday, Oct. 24- Picture Re-Take Day
- Friday, Oct. 26- 6th, 7th, 8th Grade Dance
If you did not return a photo envelope, you can order your student's photos at this website. The locally owned photography business is happy to help and answer any questions!