Talbot County Public Schools
Superintendent's Update | February 24, 2022 | #25
March 4: Early Dismissal, Parent Conferences
March 16: Board of Education Meeting
March 18: Early Dismissal for students and staff
March 25: Early Dismissal, End of Quarter/ PM Teacher Grading
Sodexo's Cooking with Chef Mike -Easton Elementary
Mozzarella and Pepperoni Quinoa Salad
- 2 cup quinoa uncooked (follow instructions on package)
- 4 cups water
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- .5 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 8 oz pearl mozzarella
- ¼ cup mini pepperoni
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
Cook the Quinoa
- Bring 4 cups of water and ¼ tsp salt to a boil. ( follow package directions)
- Add quinoa and return to a boil.
- Once water is boiling turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes turn off the heat, stir the quinoa, and return the lid to the pot.
- Let the quinoa sit covered for 15 more minutes.
- After 15 minutes, transfer cooked quinoa to a large bowl to cool.
Putting it together
1. Add All ingredients into a bowl large bowl
2. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
3. Taste and adjust salt to your liking.
4. Garnish with fresh basil.
Congratulations to the St. Michaels Basketball Team on their HUGE Win!
TCPS Athletic Director Kurisha Hoffman Named Athletic Director of the Year
Talbot County and Easton High School Athletic Director Kurisha Hoffman has been named District 8 Athletic Director of the Year. Ms. Hoffman was nominated by the Bayside Conference Athletic Directors for this honor.
A graduate of Salisbury University and former member of the SU Softball Team, Hoffman has been in education for 13 years and has served as athletic director for 6 years. She is the district 8 representative on the student leadership board for the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association (MPSSAA). Throughout the past 13 years, she has coached volleyball, basketball, and softball. She has coached multiple teams that have won bayside championships, regional championships, and state championships.
“I love what I do, and I love seeing the student-athletes succeed both in and out of the classroom,” Hoffman said. “It has been a privilege and honor working with the coaches and administrative team at Easton High, and I look forward to many more years as Athletic Director.”
February is Career and Technical Education Month
What is CTE?
Career and technical education, or CTE, is education that directly prepares students for high-wage, high-demand careers. CTE encompasses many different types of education, from classroom learning to certification programs to work-based learning opportunities outside the classroom.
TCPS CTE Programs include: Agriculture, Automotive Tech, Biomedical Science, Carpentry, Certified Nursing Assistant, Computer Science, Culinary Arts & Cosmetology, Firefighter and Emergency Medical Responder, Interactive Media Production, Marketing, Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (NJROTC), Teacher Academy of Maryland.
Black History Spotlight
Easton High's BLACKOUT Hallway
SMES first grade Black History Month Quilt
TCPS COVID UPDATES
Updated Guidelines for Isolation and Quarantine
The CDC has released updated recommendations for Isolation and Quarantine for COVID-19. Beginning Thursday, January 6, 2022, TCPS will follow a modified process for students and staff (This document was updated 1/7/2022)
LATEST TALBOT COUNTY COVID INFORMATION
Below is a list of COVID information that has been recently released
- New COVID testing site at UM Shore Medical Pavilion, 500 Cadmus Lane Easton MD 21601. Drive Through. Open Monday-Sunday 9 AM to 3 PM. PCR tests with results in 24-48 hours.
- Free at-home covid tests via USPS. Every home is eligible for four tests and orders will ship in 7-12 days. Order them here
- The local health department gets rapid at-home covid tests delivered every other week in extremely low quantities. The public can get them from the library if/when they are available.
- Local pharmacies are getting at-home covid tests in stock. I recommend calling ahead of time to see if they are in stock before going to purchase them.
- The Health Department is still testing at their test site at 28712 Glebe Road Easton MD 21601 Monday through Friday 9 AM to 2:30 PM. Appointments are required and do fill up very fast. You can call 410-819-5632 to make an appointment.
· **When taking at-home covid tests, you can report your results here**
· The health department has distributed KN95 masks throughout the community to be available to the public. You can pick yours up at the Health Department (100 Hanson St.), the Vaccine Center (102 Marlboro Ave.), or at the county libraries.
- Where: Talbot County Vaccine Center, 102 Marlboro Ave Easton MD
- When: Monday through Friday 10 AM to 6 PM
5-11-year-olds on Fridays, no appointment required
· Who: Anyone 5 years old and older
5-11-year-olds are eligible for their Pfizer vaccine which is available on Fridays, no appointment required
- Pfizer: Anyone 12 years and older
- Moderna: Anyone 18 years and older
- J&J: Anyone 18 years and older
Anyone 12 years and older who is at least 5 months after their second shot
Bullying and cyberbullying, harassment and intimidation, hazing, and/or bias behaviors are unsafe behaviors that do not reflect respect for others as defined by Policy 10.16 on STUDENT CONDUCT – BULLYING, HARASSMENT OR INTIMIDATION . If a student is a target of one of these behaviors, you can report it using the Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form (linked below).
The form is also available at all schools, in the main office and the school’s counseling office. Students can also report issues directly to a staff member. When a situation that involves any of these behaviors is reported, staff members will respond quickly and will provide a practical, private, and safe place to report.