February 2020 Edition
Important Upcoming Events in February
February 1st - Scimathelon
- @ Lone Star Convention 8:00-1:00
Students on Vogel's team have been chosen. Permission slips have already gone out.
All students are welcome to attend the elementary portion of the scimathelon. There will be tons of experiments and fun for all.
February 3rd - Irons Counselors to visit 6th graders
- In PE classes to discuss schedules
February 4th - Irons Band Teachers visit 6th graders
- In Band classes
February 5th - All 6th Graders visit Irons
- Please make sure your 6th grader returns his/her permission slip
February 6th- Rising 7th Grader Parent Night @ Irons
- 5:30 Parent Presentation in Cafeteria
- 6:15 Course registration in Cafeteria
February 11th-13th - Irons Counselors @ Vogel
- 6th graders will have the opportunity to discuss and build their junior high schedules
- Ask your 6th grader to review the schedule they made with you.
February 17th - No School
February 19th- Presenter Kyle Dendy
- See attached flyer below
February 20th - 5th Grade Math Benchmark
February 25th - 6th Grade Writing Benchmark
February 27th - 5th Grade Reading Benchmark
The Vogel Counselors are Mrs. Johnson - 6th grade and Mrs. Rekart - 5th grade. Our counseling team is available for any student and family resources or needs. We will have more resources and important information about upcoming dates in future newsletters. We look forward to meeting you all next week at the 5th grade and 6th grade Parent Information Night.
Vogel PTO News
Valentine's Candy Grams: Help us spread the love and appreciation! Students will be able to send their favorite teacher or friend a fun surprise for Valentine's day. Candy grams will be $1.00.
Family Fun Night: Save the date for our next Family Fun Night...February 28th. We will send out more information as the date approaches. To follow everything PTO, sign up for our Remind 101. Text @vogelpto to 81010.
Box Tops: If you haven't already please check out the new Box Tops app. It's easier than ever to earn money for our school!
Yearbooks are on sale now! Order forms will be sent home or you can order online today at Balfour.com
To stay up to date with all the latest P.T.O. news be sure to like and follow our Vogel PTO Facebook page, you can also follow us on Instagram @vogelpto, or sign up to get Remind messages sent straight to your phone by texting @vogelpt to 81010.
Genealogy - 1st and 3rd Tuesdays @ 8:00am
FLL and Robotics - 1st and 3rd Tuesdays @ 4:15pm (application required)
Choir - every Tuesday starting on the 15th @4:15pm
Crochet - every Wednesday
Leadership - 2nd and 4th Wednesday @ 8:00am
Line Dancing - 2nd and 4th @ 7:45 (application required)
Coding - 2nd and 4th @ 8:00 (application required)
Art Attack - By Invitation only 4:45-5:30, See Mrs. Horelica for dates and admission
Gardening Club - Dates and times TBA
2018-2019 Federal Report Card
Vogel's federal report card can be accessed using the following steps:
From the school’s website:
· Go to "Our School/Campus"
· Click “View School Profile"
· Select “Accountability Reports”
· Click “2018-2019”
· Select "Federal Report Card"
- All changes of transportation should be sent to your child's teachers in the form of a handwritten note or an email.
- Please do not send a note asking for your child to ride another bus. We don't have the authority to make those changes. You will need to get in touch with the transportation department and ask for permission.
- Unless you have an emergency, no transportation changes will be made after 3:30.
- If you are picking your child up early from school, please bring your state ID with you.
- Students can not be called out of class early to the front office to wait for you to arrive. They miss valuable instructional time.
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.