A Newsletter to Keep Parents Informed
Make sure to "like" our Facebook page and follow our website in order to receive the latest updates and reminders.
Elkins Remind is a way we use to communicate important events, send reminders, and communicate to our families. If you have not signed up, please follow this link in order to sign up. We send important reminders such as picture day, special events, early releases, etc.! This is a great way to stay connected!
Safety & Security Protocols
EMS ISD has adopted new safety and security protocols from the I Love You Guys Foundation.
1. Standard Response Protocol for K-12 Schools - This protocol is based on five actions: Lockout, Lockdown, Evacuate, Shelter, and Hold
2. Standard Reunification Method for K-12 Schools - This protocol outlines a reunification method for a school crisis or emergency.
There are pictures below of each protocol.
All Elkins Elementary staff members were trained in both protocols during our in-service week. Students will be trained in the Standard Response Protocol throughout the school year.
If you would like more information about the I Love You Guys Foundation, or would like to access the full protocols, please visit http://iloveuguys.org/index.html#home.
- School begins promptly at 7:30. Make sure you have your student to school in plenty of time to begin learning at 7:30.
- If you have transportation changes during the day, please notify the office BEFORE 2:00 pm. Last minute transportation changes make it very difficult to let the teachers/students know changes in an adequate amount of time.
- Check your child's folder each night for important notes, reminders, and communication from the teachers.
- If visiting for lunch, please do not bring food for other students. We have students with various allergies, and although we know students like to share with friends, we cannot allow adults to share food with other students, other then their own.
- Please adhere to our visitor guidelines when coming to campus. In the morning, we ask that you arrive before the 7:20 bell if you want to walk your child down to the cafeteria/gym. After the 7:20 bell, the students are released to class, and we would like them to walk to class independently as parents exit the building. If you need to speak with the teacher, please call/email them, and they will get back to you at their conference time. When parents try to come to the classrooms in the morning, it can often cause class start time to be delayed, and we value every minute of learning time we can get!
- If you visit during lunch, we ask that you say goodbye to your student when their lunch time is concluded, and they walk to class with their teacher. We ask that parents/visitors not be in the classroom hallways. All of these guidelines are in the best interest of safety and the continuing education of our students. We appreciate all of your support.
Want to Volunteer?
Dates to Remember
Friday, October 5th: Early Release at 11:40 am
Monday, October 8th: Student Holiday
Tuesday, October 9th: Student Holiday
Thursday, October 18th: Fall Fest 6:00-7:30
Wednesday, November 7th: Spirit Night @ Pizza Buffet
Friday, November 9th: Holiday Pictures
Tuesday, December 4th: 2nd Grade Program & Literacy Night 5:30-7:30
Friday, December 7th: Holiday Feast (during lunch times)
December 10th-14th: Holiday Shop
Friday, December 21st: Winter Parties @ 1:50 pm
December 24- January 4: Winter Break