We Are Together Tamanend!
October 26, 2018
Thank You for Reading Our Newsletter!
"Life is a Journey: Travel Drug Free"--Tamanend Celebrates Red Ribbon Week
Ryan's Story--Anti-Bullying & Suicide Prevention Assembly and Evening Parent Program
Mr. John Halligan presented an anti-bullying and suicide prevention assembly and parent program on Thursday, October 25 at Tamanend. We encourage all parents to discuss the assembly with their children. We also encourage parents to visit the Ryan's Story website for valuable resources about these important topics. http://www.ryanpatrickhalligan.org/
Tamanend Soup Kitchen
Tamanend Players Musical Auditions
Calling all actors, singers, and dancers: Tamanend Players wants you! The directors were thrilled to share our show for 2019 as Leah M, Abby M, and Tommy C announced the title on Monday morning. Tamanend Players is proud to bring Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella to our stage on March 8 and 9, 2019. Friday and Saturday night shows will be at 7:30pm and the Saturday matinee will be at 2:00pm.
If you are interested in auditioning this year, you must attend an informational meeting to learn all you need to know for this year’s show. See Mrs. Reitz in room 227 with any questions.
- Who: Any interested TMS student
- What: Musical Audition Information Meeting
- Where: TMS Auditorium
- When: Monday 10/29 from 2:45- 4:15
- Why: To learn audition materials (song, dance, and lines) and other essential information
- Note: TMS or South sports conflicts on 10/29 or students who are absent on 10/29 should get a pass to see Mrs. Reitz for Consult Advisory on Tuesday 10/30
Reminder--Help Us Recognize Veterans in our Community
As Veterans Day approaches, Tamanend Middle School would like to honor those who have served our country. On Monday, November 12th we will hold our Veterans Day Assembly. We would like this presentation to be meaningful not just for our students, but also for local veterans in our community. As such, if you have the email addresses of friends or family who have served in the armed forces who may be interested in joining us that morning, please send this information to Jeff Klein (email@example.com) by November 1st. Thank you.
7th Graders Supporting UNICEF
On Wednesday afternoon, the 7th graders kicked off their UNICEF assembly, their yearly service learning project. A special thank you to members of the Legacy and Journey teams who spoke to their peers about the importance of “kids helping kids” and how they can get involved to help others: Heera K., Hannah L., Connor V., Jake N., Joey C., and Victoria G.
Reminder--The Next Meeting of the Tamanend Parent Book Club is November 7
Join us for the Tamanend Parent Book Club. This year, we will be reading Raising Kids to Thrive (2015) by Kenneth R. Ginsburg, MD. The book describes "the Lighthouse Parenting Strategy" in which parents balance unconditional love and high expectations with the goal of raising resilient and happy children. This book club will follow a "no-pressure" format in which the facilitator will present a summary of the chapter and open the floor for discussion. We will share resources and ideas with the goal of helping the entire Tamanend parent community navigate the challenges of raising adolescents.
Meetings are held at 6:30 in the Tamanend Library
Click here for further information, dates, and book information.
Please email Dr. Brian Caughie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.
News from the Athletic Department
Attention Winter Athletes:
If you are interested in participating in a Tamanend Winter sport--GIRLS BASKETBALL, WRESTLING, BOYS BASKETBALL--there are several specific items (PIAA physical, Family ID, and concussion testing) that need to be completed prior to the start of the Winter sports season. Those items are outlined and explained on the Tamanend Athletics web page which can be found HERE.
For those trying out for GIRLS BASKETBALL and those planning to WRESTLE…please register on Family ID as soon as possible as tryouts begin on November 5th for girls basketball and wrestling begins later in November.
Highlights from this Week:
- Congratulations to the 7th grade boys soccer, 7th grade girls field hockey, girls tennis, and boys teams on great seasons!
- Congratulations to the Varsity tennis teams who traveled to East and West to participate in the Championship matches on Wednesday. It was a cold, windy day, but the Tigers fought and held their own against tough opponents from across the district. It was a great day to end the tennis season. Tamanend is very proud of you! Great job!
The 8th grade soccer team is having a great season. The team’s record stands at 6-1 entering the last week of the season. The Tiger’s have been led by captains Sean R. and Kyle K. Turning in solid performances every outing are Ethan C., Evan G., and Daulton V. The team finishes its regular season schedule on 10/30 at home verse Tohickon and then looks to make a solid run in the district playoff. Mr. Schmidt is proud of the team and camaraderie among the players! Keep up the great work!
- Good luck to the 8th grade girls field hockey and 8th grade boys soccer teams as they wrap up their regular seasons and play their postseason tournaments next week.
CB South Ice Hockey News
The CB South Varsity Ice Hockey Team won their game Thursday night versus North Penn and is playing in the championship game of the Athletes Helping Athletes tournament on Friday night. Game time is 7:35 at Revolution Ice Garden vs Father Judge. Come out to support all of the current and former Tamanend students involved in the CB South Ice Hockey Program!
Reminder--Tamanend Gear for Sale
Reminder--Early-Bird Online Discount for Tamanend Yearbook
From now until December 31, 2018 the price of the Tamanend yearbook is $35. After December 31, the price will be $40. To take advantage of these early-bird online yearbook specials, click here.
Reminder--FEAST--Feeding Everyone at Special Times
Parent Postive--Strengthening the Family When Faced With Adversity
Please join Doylestown Health Medical Staff clinicians on November 8 at 7:00 PM at Lenape Middle School to learn practical tips and effective coping strategies to implement as a family when faced with adversity. Topics include how the family structure impacts both child and adult health, dealing with an ill child in the hospital and positive coping methodologies with an aging loved one. Following the presentation, there will be a panel discussion. Babysitting will be provided for children in Kindergarten thru 6
th grade, pre-registration is required. Parents can register here for the event.
CB Cares--Boomerang Award
Thursday, Nov. 15th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Road
Parent Council is an open meeting where all parents are welcome to attend to learn more about Tamanend Middle School. Parent Council typically meets on the third Thursday of each month at 9 a.m. There is no obligation to attend all Parent Councils and there are no elected positions. Parent Council is a forum for parents and school leaders to learn from and with each other, together.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Please Consider Volunteering at Tamanend Middle School
Reminder--Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2018-2019 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, and complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that ID Card and a photo ID to enter a CB school.
Reminder--Support Tamanend While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school after August 15th of the new school year.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS.
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: email@example.com
Oficina: (267) 893-2900