Resources, Tips & Tricks
Why Use Google Classroom?
There are so many reasons why you should use Google Classroom! Here's just a few:
- It's Free!!!
- There is no extra username or password for you or your students to remember.
- You can control when the students post, comment, or respond to a discussion.
- The Conversation can continue OUTSIDE of class.
- The Discussion can be graded.
- Google Classroom is SUPER EASY to use!
Use this handy-dandy Cheat Sheet to help you set up your Classes!
Recent Updates to Google Classroom
August 2017 - Google released some pretty sweet new features to the already awesome Google Classroom!
- See a single view of a student's work
- Reorder class cards - teachers and students can reorder class cards on the Classroom home page
- Decimal grades to award partial points
- Display the class code full screen
- Transfer class ownership to another teacher
- Use the Google bar to easily switch between Classroom and other G-Suite tools
- Differentiation via individual assignments/group assignments
- Customize your notifications
- Annotate directly on assignments when using Mobile (tablet, phone)
Check this page for future updates to Classroom!
Classroom Refresher Task Card
Apps that Play Nicely with Classroom
There are a multitude of apps that integrate nicely with Classroom to streamline workflow and increase engagement. Check out a few of our favorites in the embedded link below.
Extensions to Make Your Life Easier
Alice Keeler's Classroom Split
Allows for viewing assignment page side by side with students work. Easily lets them view assignment directions while working.
Alice Keeler's Gradebook Split
Exclusively for Teachers - view gradebook and student work side by side!
Amazingly Awesome Pinterest Board
Click to view Kasey Bell's (Shake Up Learning) Google Classroom Pinterest Board
New Google Classroom Tutorial 2017