Little Cedars Elementary
Home of the Wolverines - October 22nd
Message from the Principals
Dear Little Cedars Families,
We are in need of baby pictures for our 6th graders by November 5th. Please email the Yearbook committee your pictures at Yearbook@LittleCedarsPTA.org
Next week we will begin our SBA testing for 4th- 6th grades. Little Cedars is scheduled to take the tests ELA CAT on October 28th, Math CAT on November 2nd, and WCAS (6th grade only) on November 4th.
For more information about the SBA and WCAS tests, visit: https://www.k12.wa.us/student-success/testing/state-testing-overview, and click on the name of the test. To try out an online SBA practice test or WCAS training test, visit: https://wa.portal.cambiumast.com/.
Anne Nielsen and Ryan Painter
Principal and Assistant Principal
Picture Retake Day
- Retake day is Wednesday, October 27.
- Dorian Studios is our photographer. You can visit their website for picture packet information.
Conferences and Virtual Book Fair
Conferences will be held on November 8th, 9th, and 10th. Students will be released at 11:20 on those three days and also on November 12th. Remember there will be no school on November 11th. These conferences will all be Zoom conferences. If you have not signed up yet, please click on your child's teacher below to be directed to their class sign-up sheet.
4th, 5th and 6th Grade:
We will also be having a Virtual Book Fair. More info. will come as we get closer. Our fair will be open Nov. 1st - Nov, 14th. Here is a link for more information:
Save the date- SEF Annual Fundraising Auction
The Snohomish Education Foundation (SEF) invites you to join them at their Annual Fundraising Auction - “Imagine ... Bright Futures" - on Saturday, November 20, at the Tulalip Casino Resort.
The annual auction is their main fundraising event to benefit district students, teachers, and families. Since 1986, the SEF has granted more than $2.5 million in scholarships to graduating high school seniors, funded more than $954,000 in classroom grants to teachers and staff, and more than $524,000 in Snohomish School District K-12 programs.
- 6 p.m. - Silent auction
- 7:45 p.m. - Dinner
- 8 p.m. - Live auction
Ticket cost (per person)
- $110 - Early-bird special
- $125 - After October 26
For more information call 360-568-5292 or email email@example.com. To register online visit https://snoed.ejoinme.org/2021Auction. Tulalip discounted rooms are available by calling 1-866-716-7162. Mention the "Snohomish Education Foundation Auction" to receive a discount and reserve your room for this fun, charitable event!
We are hoping in the near future to be able to have volunteers on campus again. Please take the time to fill our our volunteer application:
Info is available here on your school website - https://www.sno.wednet.edu/site/Default.aspx?PageID=3455
Pre-order your yearbook!
Upcoming important dates:
- Monday, November 8-Friday, November 12, 2021 - Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Veterans Day (no school)
- Friday, November 12, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 25-Friday, November 26, 2021 - Thanksgiving Break (no school)
- Friday, December 17, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Monday, December 20-Friday, December 31, 2021 - Winter Break (no school)
- Monday, January 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day (no school)
- Monday, January 31, 2022 - Non-Student Day (no school)
- Friday, February 18-Monday, February 21, 2022 - Mid-Winter Break (no school)
- Monday, March 28-Friday, April 1, 2022- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Friday, April 1, 2022 - Half-day early release
- Monday, April 4-Friday, April 8, 2022 - Spring Break (no school)
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Memorial Day (no school)
- Friday, June 17, 2022 - Last Day of School (tentative pending any snow/inclement weather make-up days)
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, email@example.com.