What a great first week and a half here at BGS. Thank you to all the students, staff, parents, and administrators who made the start of the school year such a success! It was great seeing the building back in business. We are so thankful the hard work put in by the summer maintenance staff who had the building in tip top shape for everyone to return on August 17th.
Upcoming Dates and Special Events
- 9/5 Labor Day- No School
- 9/6 Band Sign Up Evening
- 9/9 Blackout Day
- 9/12 Law Enforcement Lockdown Drill
- 9/14 Early Dismissal 1:50 out
- 9/15 School Picture Day (form linked below)
- 9/16 Midterm Reports Issued
- 9/16 Spirit Day- TV Shows from the Past
- 9/21 School Board Meeting @ 7
- 9/23 Fire Drill Practice
- 9/23 Spirit Day- Super Hero Day
- 9/30- Half Day Dismiss @ 11:30
🚌Daily School Schedule and Attendance🚌
School is in session from 8am-3pm. Student may begin entering the building at 7:45 for our soft start arrival. Students will enter their assigned door and walk to their classroom. This is a time students can unpack, turn in paperwork, and start their day in a calm environment and check in with their teacher.
If your child arrives after 8am please walk them to the BGS office to check in before going to class.
If your child will be absent or late to school please call the BGS office to report their absence. Call (309) 446-3366 after 7:30am or email Bren at firstname.lastname@example.org
🧁Birthday Treats and Classroom Snacks🧁
All food brought into the school for birthday treats or for party snacks that will be shared with other students in the classroom MUST be store bought. We will not accept any homemade food or bakery items (cupcakes, cookies, donuts). All food must have an ingredient list AND a nutrition label. If any food is sent in without the appropriate labels, the food will not be served and will be sent home with the student. If you have any questions about the food you want to send in, please call your child’s teacher or the school nurse BEFORE purchasing the treats.
🦺Mandatory Safety Drills🦺
We are required by the State of Illinois to engage in multiple mandatory safety drills. These drills are reviewed and practiced with our students in developmentally appropriate ways. They are scheduled for the following dates:
- Severe Weather Drill (2)- Friday, September 9 Friday, March 3
- Bus Evacuation Drill (1) - Thursday, August 25- This went great!
- Fire Drills (3)- Friday, August 26 Friday, September 23 Fire Personnel Present - TBA
- Law Enforcement/Lockdown Drill - Monday, September 12
- This drill will be done with law enforcement in attendance and developmentally appropriate for students. During this time, staff will shut off lights and lock doors. The officers and Mrs. Albritton and Mrs. Loser will ensure that all classrooms are secure and students are not visible. Parents that wish to opt their students out should contact Mrs. Albritton or Mrs. Loser.
Mrs. McGrath has been visiting classrooms this week getting to know students and building relationships. Mrs. McGrath helped students understand her role as a school counselor. Please see her presentation here. She will be helping guide students and teachers in our K-5 Second Step program, meeting with individuals and small groups of students, and supporting our school in many other ways. Mrs. McGrath can be reached at email@example.com
Hello Brimfield, my name is Angie McGrath. I am so excited to be a part of the Brimfield team as Counselor for Brimfield Grade! This will be my 23rd year of education, which have all been at the 6-12 level.
I have my Bachelors in Secondary Education and a Masters in Curriculum & Instruction from ISU, and a Masters in Human Development Counseling and Masters in Educational Leadership from Bradley. I cannot wait to share my knowledge and experience with the students and staff at BGS!
I live outside of Princeville with my husband, Andy, and our 3 kids, Liam (senior), Shaelyn (freshman), and Garett 7th). All 3 kids play football, the older two are also in FFA. Garett also runs XC and track.
I enjoy biking, running the Princeville to Peoria St Jude Run, dancing with the Flynn’s Irish Dancers, snowboarding, traveling, raising chickens, and cheering on my kids.
Thank you for welcoming me to the Brimfield Community! #shape309